questions

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by slugmar, Sep 27, 2005.

  1. slugmar

    slugmar Guest

    Hello all,
    I recently just got back into computers and I'm thinking about persuing
    a carrier in Netwok Security, I use to trouble shoot ADSL,Cable, Dial up
    connections with earthlink before they outsourced overseas. After that I
    went to driving a truck OTR to see some of America but right before I met a
    Lady and know she has talked me off the road and into getting married well
    not really into it. I went willing but I dont really care for driving local
    So I built acouple comps and got back online.

    What im looking for are the following

    A good book for basic networking to start understand networking better.
    (website would be nice also)
    - I can do basic networking IE, installing router, config computers to
    talk with each other ( just very basic there) and sharing a network comp
    A good book for basic Information Security. (Website would be nice also)
    - All i know here is security risk are bad (Would enventully like to
    become very knowledgeable in this area and hopefully get a job doing this
    full time)
    Also if any one know a Place were i could get some online training in the
    subject would be nice also

    I have been searching Google.com for information but you never know which
    sites are good and not that good so that takes awhile I go to certain
    websites and such for Product information IE Norton, Macfee, Microsoft so
    forth and so on and able to gather a little informaiton there.

    Thanks for any help and Yes i know my grammer and spelling is awful but im
    working onthat also by redding more and hopefully next semster taking some
    classes if i can get time away from my job to work on that.

    slugmar, Sep 27, 2005