Questions on VoipCheap

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Peter Pratten, Nov 2, 2005.

  1. I have sent an email to VoipCheap but not got a reply so can anyone
    answer these?

    I did not know what some of the options/settings meant - there was no
    '?' or 'Help' button to explain them. In particular what do the
    following mean?
    i) authorizes me
    ii) Clipboard Dial Hotkey
    iii) Use port
    iv) callto:links

    Can I make Peer to Peer calls to other VoIP networks? If so, how?

    There were some discrepancies between the FAQ and other pages. In
    particular when the FAQ said
    i) A credit balance of five € (euros) - the buycredits page said
    five £
    (pounds) - which is correct?
    ii) Calls are charged by the second rounded to nearest eurocent -
    the rates page says calls are charged by the minute rounded
    to next higher minute - which is correct?

    --
    Peter Pratten
    Please reply in group only
    Peter Pratten, Nov 2, 2005

  2. Peter Pratten

    paul123 Guest

    Can I make Peer to Peer calls to other VoIP networks? If so, how?

    Yes - but only other Finarea networks and only using the software -
    like netappel.fr and voipbuster.com. Obviously, this can only be PC to
    PC.

    I somehow doubt you can users on sipdiscount.com (unless anyone can
    confirm to the contrary)
    paul123, Nov 2, 2005

  3. Yes we tried out VoIP cheap and had a technical problem and also got no
    answer from their support.

    Regards

    Tony Stirling
    (Business level Voip service starting soon)
    www.planetearthcalling.com
    www.planetearth.co.uk

    Planet Earth Internet, Nov 2, 2005