Questions on OEM Windows Vista package.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ** Frank **, Apr 9, 2007.

  1. **    Frank    **

    thanatoid Guest

    "** Frank **" <> wrote in

    > Shortly afterwards, I bought a
    >> used P4-2GHz/256RAM and installed Win98SELite on it.
    >>
    >> Now it takes 2 minutes or less to convert a song.

    > You should be able to do it in a few seconds. I could
    > convert a few albums in about 2 minutes and burn a full
    > movie in 5 minutes with an Athlon 2600+ (about the same
    > speed as you P4?) with Win XP.

    It might depend on our settings and software, anyway 2 minutes
    is MORE than satisfactory for me compared to 3 hours. And
    sometimes it does take less than a minute, depends on formats
    involved etc.

    As for burning, you may someday regret burning at the fastest
    speed possible. Your discs may start failing or may not play in
    your next player. Personally, I have NO problem waiting 15
    minutes to burn an mp3 CD at 8x.

    thanatoid, Apr 10, 2007

  2. his mum wont buy him vista yet...

    Christopher Syn, Apr 11, 2007

  3. **    Frank    **

    Jerry Attic Guest

    "** Frank **" <> said in

    > Shortly afterwards, I bought a
    >> used P4-2GHz/256RAM and installed Win98SELite on it.
    >>
    >> Now it takes 2 minutes or less to convert a song.

    > You should be able to do it in a few seconds. I could convert a few
    > albums in about 2 minutes and burn a full movie in 5 minutes with an
    > Athlon 2600+ (about the same speed as you P4?) with Win XP.

    For the moment, I would stick with XP. BTW, the execution date for XP is
    January of next year for OEMs. No new copies sold after that, so any new
    PCs sold will have to have Vista.

    Jerry

    Jerry Attic, Apr 15, 2007