    What is CWShredder like? I have Spybot / Adware. Do I need another? How
    often do you run them?

    Is it worth downloading the newer update of Zonealarm. I have 5.1. already.

    Nowhere, Nov 12, 2004

  2. Nowhere

    Conor Guest

    In article <cn2o1f$4ee$>, Nowhere says...
    > What is CWShredder like? I have Spybot / Adware. Do I need another? How
    > often do you run them?

    Common sense does a better job.

    > Is it worth downloading the newer update of Zonealarm. I have 5.1. already.

    Yes

    --
    Conor

    Opinions personal, facts suspect.

    Conor, Nov 12, 2004

  3. Nowhere wrote:

    > What is CWShredder like?

    While it was made for the "cool web search" infection and it's variants.

    > I have Spybot / Adware. Do I need another?

    Both Spybot and Ad-aware (not adware, I hope) are rated at the top in
    PCMAG's reviews, but I've seen a review that put Spybot in the middle. I
    think Spyblaster is was #1.

    If you are technically inclined, try HighJackThis (spywareinfo.com).

    > Is it worth downloading the newer update of Zonealarm. I have 5.1. already.

    Many people are having problems with this, claiming it does too much and
    comparing it to Norton's bloatware.

    You may also want to look into Bleepingcomputer.com and Spywareinfo.com.
    They both are good sources of information and have good tutorials.

    --
    Fluidly Unsure

    fluidly unsure, Nov 13, 2004