    is wrapped in plastic. Did I buy a used one from that store? They are
    supposed to send me a brand new one.
    Thanks for your opinion.
    Jeff, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Jeff

    gr Guest

    "Jeff" <> wrote
    > I bought an Olympus C-5050 from a website (Beach Camera) several days ago,
    > and when I received it, I find that there was no seal at all, the box was
    > open. I called Olympus America, and I was told that usually the camera box
    > is wrapped in plastic. Did I buy a used one from that store? They are
    > supposed to send me a brand new one.
    > Thanks for your opinion.

    I bought one from B&H that arrived that way as well. I suspect the stores
    just rotate display models. When they sell one, they ship the display model
    and unwrap a new one to put it on display.

    Overall, I wasn't that impressed with B&H sales&service. Oh well, it was
    cheaper than buying local, so I guess you get what you pay for.
    gr, Dec 13, 2003

  3. Jeff

    Rina Guest

    FWIW I've bought a couple of Olympus digital cameras and neither was in a
    shrink wrapped box.

    Rina

    --
    Please respond to the newsgroup, mail from this account is deleted, unread

    Rina, Dec 13, 2003
  4. Jeff

    Azzz1588 Guest

    In article <DOLCb.536848$Tr4.1468188@attbi_s03>, "Rina"
    <> writes:

    >FWIW I've bought a couple of Olympus digital cameras and neither was in a
    >shrink wrapped box.

    Both My D 100, and C 4040Z came in box, that had clear
    tape sealing one edge. Bought from two different places.
    Looked like Oly factory seal to me :)

    Camera's, and accessories inside were wrapped in plastic.

    Azzz1588, Dec 14, 2003
  5. Jeff

    Mark Johnson Guest

    "Jeff" <> wrote:

    >I bought an Olympus C-5050 from a website (Beach Camera) several days ago,
    >and when I received it, I find that there was no seal at all, the box was
    >open. I called Olympus America, and I was told that usually the camera box
    >is wrapped in plastic. Did I buy a used one from that store? They are
    >supposed to send me a brand new one.
    >Thanks for your opinion.

    Does it look new? Is the lens clean, particularly inside? Did you hold
    it at an angle to the light, turn on the camera, and look carefully
    for even a tiny speck of dust down in there? Any scratches?

    I got mine in a baggie, taped inside bubble wrap, sealed with the
    official 1in piece of celophane tape, I guess. And there was no tape
    closing the box. So.
    Mark Johnson, Dec 14, 2003
  6. Jeff

    SchnauzerDad Guest

    Hard to say, but my 5060 came all wrapped from Digital Discount foto.
    Chas
    SchnauzerDad, Dec 14, 2003