Questions and Some comments

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by dork2000@gmail.com, May 26, 2006.

  1. Guest

    hi.
    newbie to microsoft certification world.
    i am trying to achive mcp status by taking 70-270 exam. i used the book
    installing configuring and administering windows xp pro by walter glenn
    how ever, after reading the book through and nailed almost every
    question and the end of every chapter i thought i was ready. so off to
    the 270 exam and failed with 657.
    came home trying to figure out what went wrong and popped in the cd at
    the end of book to install practice exam, i scored a 38%. i learned
    more from practice exams from the companion cd in the past week than
    from the book..
    almost every question's explanation referrs to the windows xp resouce
    kit. so here is the question for microsoft... why approval a book for
    mcse / mcsa when the book didn't remotely address the topic on the
    test?
    i am staying legit and actually learn this stuff, after taking the
    practice test so many times and wrote down 2 pages of note in ant size
    font, the questions are repeating it self. where am i suppose to get
    practice test that will allowing me stay legit (aka NOT using testking)
    measure up's site offer 185 questions, which i think is the exact same
    as the ones on the cd...

    and would someone please explain the difference between http:// and
    file:// search engine don't come up jack

    , May 26, 2006

  2. My own personal experience with MeasureUp practice tests:

    Anytime I have passed a MeasureUp test, I passed the real one, too. Same
    with Transcender.

    Mostly Gizzards, May 26, 2006

  3. Blackmetal Guest

    MeasureUp test are very good in terms of the question format very similar to
    those in exam. I'm not saying that they are the same questions. What I'm
    saying is that you get a better idea on how the questions are developed,
    mostly of them in a scenario-based format.

    Blackmetal, May 26, 2006
  4. Gareth C Guest

    i have read the book dork done a course in 70-290 i think you have to be
    realistic and start reading testking dont think your a cheat because of this
    after all i spent over 500 euro passing this exams its all about the money

    Gareth C, May 29, 2006
  5. Don't use Testking. It's cheating, and your certification is meaningless.
    It "IS" about the money, if you consider that cheaters using braindumps
    decrease the value of your certification by flooding the job market with
    unskilled cheaters. If you want to be valuable as a certified professional,
    make sure you know the material and can apply it in the job field. Your
    employer will thank you, and hopefully reward you for it.

    --
    Mostly Gizzards

    A+ Network+ MCSA

    Mostly Gizzards, May 29, 2006
  6. PP Guest

    So, tell me what's the difference between MeausureUp and Testking practice
    exams?? What does say Microsoft about using Testking? Am I cheating using
    MeausureUp? BR

    PP, Jun 2, 2006
  7. MeasureUp is specifically endorsed by Microsoft as "legit"

    TestKing is a collection of br@indump#d questions, and is considered
    cheating.

    Read http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/faq/security.asp for some
    good information.
    --
    Mostly Gizzards

    A+ Network+ MCSA

    Mostly Gizzards, Jun 2, 2006
  8. Julia Guest

    When I was studying for 70-270 I used the Microsoft Press book as a guide but
    it didn't get nearly detailed enough. After reading the Microsoft Press book
    I read a lot of the sections from the XP Resource Kit and it was great. I
    learned more from the recource kit than I did from the book.

    Julia, Jun 10, 2006