    passing the exam?
    Thanks in Advance
    -Andy

    ANdy, Sep 24, 2003

  2. ANdy

    Max Guest

    I took and passed both today. It had some questions about XP that are not
    covered in the current study guides. The XP stuff isn't supposed to be
    tested until the 2003 version of the exam comes out later this year.
    It was still easy to pass since the minimum score was lower than I thought.
    I was under the impression that you needed 90% to pass, but that's not true.

    Now I need to find out how to get the paper A+ certificate so I have more
    than just a printout from the testing center to show.

    I plan to take at least Microsoft 70-270 and maybe Network + within the next
    2 weeks.

    Max, Sep 25, 2003

  3. ANdy

    not2dumb Guest

    according to the web site, the reason for going to a non adaptive format
    after 9/12 was to be able to include non scoring questions, sorta their way
    of beta testing a few questions.

    not2dumb, Sep 25, 2003
  4. What percentage do you need to pass on the new tests?

    How are the questions are they similar to what they were asking on the
    adapative test or have they upper the skill of the questions on the new
    format?

    Robert Sanderson, Sep 25, 2003
  5. ANdy

    not2dumb Guest

    the "percentage" is the same, the test changes on Nov 26th to include the
    new objectives (2003) (XP)

    not2dumb, Sep 25, 2003
  6. ANdy

    Dave Abel Guest

    Last year we had an 11 year old take the core and o/s exams. No problem with
    regard to age. There was a problem with identity however. He doesn't have a
    passport - nor driving licence - ie. no photo proof as to who he is. His
    mother vouched for him and that satisfied the exam center.
    --
    Regards
    Dave Abel

    Please always email me at
    and ignore the AOL address I often use.
    (AOL is proving unreliable)

    Dave Abel, Sep 25, 2003
  7. But are they the same questions or have they upped the skill level? When
    taking the pratice tests that came with Michael Meyer's book I am always
    getting over 800, which he claims means I should pass the test. But this is
    the adaptive format not the new Linear format.

    Robert Sanderson, Sep 25, 2003
  8. You will get your Certifictate in the mail in 3 weeks or so, along with a
    wallet card.

    Philip

    C. Philip Cutler II, Sep 25, 2003
  9. ANdy

    ANdy Guest

    I was wondering if you fail the test do you have to pay again or do
    you get for example one more chance before you have to pay again for
    the test?

    ANdy, Sep 25, 2003
  10. ANdy

    Guest

    > But are they the same questions or have they upped the skill level? When
    >taking the pratice tests that came with Michael Meyer's book I am always
    >getting over 800, which he claims means I should pass the test. But this is
    >the adaptive format not the new Linear format.

    Who's cares whether it's linear or adaptive! I believe the ? still
    come out of the same pool. Sooner or later you have to find out if you
    make the grade.BTW I have never failed a certification exam.

    Good luck,
    Gary

    , Sep 25, 2003
  11. ANdy

    not2dumb Guest

    IMHO if you don't know enough, or are too lazy to go to the comptia web site
    and read the facts, you don't deserve to pass

    not2dumb, Sep 26, 2003
  12. On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:26:43 GMT, "not2dumb"
    <> wrote:

    >IMHO if you don't know enough, or are too lazy to go to the comptia web site
    >and read the facts, you don't deserve to pass

    Maybe he/she doesn't know about the site. It usually is wrong to
    assume that another has your own knowledge and experience.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Sep 26, 2003
  13. ANdy

    youngstr11 Guest

    How could you not know about the site if you know what A+ is and you are
    planning to take the test that is just ignorant

    youngstr11, Sep 26, 2003
  14. ANdy

    Bret Guest

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 03:53:04 GMT, "youngstr11"
    <> wrote:

    >How could you not know about the site if you know what A+ is and you are
    >planning to take the test that is just ignorant

    Yes, not knowing something is ignorance :)

    Bret, Sep 26, 2003
  15. On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 03:53:04 GMT, "youngstr11"
    <> wrote:

    >How could you not know about the site if you know what A+ is and you are
    >planning to take the test that is just ignorant

    I guess people are supposed to be born knowing these things? That's
    why people ask questions, because they need answers. Remember...there
    are no stupid questions.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Sep 27, 2003
  16. On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 19:40:31 +1200, Bret <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 03:53:04 GMT, "youngstr11"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>How could you not know about the site if you know what A+ is and you are
    >>planning to take the test that is just ignorant

    >Yes, not knowing something is ignorance :)

    Right...and when the ignorant ask a question and get the answer, they
    are now enlightened. :)

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Sep 27, 2003
  17. Agreed after all curiosity is the vehicle to knowledge.

    Regards,
    John O.

    John and Pat Ochenduszko, Sep 27, 2003