Questions about pcanywhere with multiple users

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by MBell72398, May 27, 2004.

  1. MBell72398

    MBell72398 Guest

    I recently posted a message wanting feedback about helping an insurance company
    in one town that runs a Win2000 Server with about 15 computers that all run
    Win2000 Pro with mapped drives back to the server. This company is in the
    process of opening 2 more locations in 2 different states with pc's having both
    2000 pro and some with xp pro and they want both new locations to have access
    back to the main location's server to be able to access the apps they use to
    run their business.
    All 3 locations will have DSL access so I wanted to set them up through that
    connection. Both of the new locations will have up to 3 computers that will
    need to access the server.
    It was suggested that I use Norton's PCAnywhere. Does this program have the
    ability to serve this many remote users at the same time?
    I have never been on the server end of setting up any kind of remote terminal
    services. I have set it up before on the client end and when this was done, I
    used the client terminal services already supplied with the os. If memory
    serves, I thought 2000 Pro also came with some sort of remote terminal services
    also. If so, am I better off to use this and if so, is it a major pain in the
    butt to set up?
    Thanks for your time and input, Mike
    Please remove nospam to email me
    Michael Bell @Bell Electronics
    Rincon, GA.31326

    MBell72398, May 27, 2004

  2. MBell72398

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    ospam (MBell72398) wrote in

    > All 3 locations will have DSL access so I wanted to set them up
    > through that
    > connection. Both of the new locations will have up to 3 computers that
    > will need to access the server.
    > It was suggested that I use Norton's PCAnywhere. Does this program
    > have the
    > ability to serve this many remote users at the same time?

    You need a VPN, not PCAnywhere. PCAnywhere is remote control software.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, May 27, 2004