    questions but have been unable to. I apologize if I just overlooked it,
    though. Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide!!!
    -orteaga2k2

    orteaga2k2, Jul 21, 2005

  2. orteaga2k2 wrote:
    > Hello all,
    > I have taken and passed 270 as wells as 271 and it's mainly thanks to
    > those of you giving information on study materials ( I used the MS Training
    > Kits). I am scheduled to take 272 next Friday...
    > My questions are these; once you have completed both the requirements for
    > MCDST and MCSA (while wanting to use the MCDST cert. as and elective), how
    > does Microsoft apply these certs (in other words, would you be recognized as
    > both a MCDST and a MCSA or just a MCSA?)?...
    > Do you have to call Microsoft and let them know you want to use the MCDST
    > cert. as an elective or is it automatically applied towards MCSA?
    > Do you receive a certificate of excellence for acquiring MCDST as well as
    > MCSA?
    > I have searched a while in these threads to find answers to the these
    > questions but have been unable to. I apologize if I just overlooked it,
    > though. Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide!!!
    > -orteaga2k2

    You'll be known as an MCP, an MCDST, and as an MCSA. You ought to have a
    certificate and wallet card and lapel pin for each (well, I don't know
    if they still do it for "just" MCP). When you get your MCSE, you'll get
    another certificate, wallet card, and lapel pin. My wallet card says
    "MCP MCP+I MCSE MCSA" and is still attached to the postcard on which it
    arrived. Should I be carrying it around?

    Toby Jennings, Jul 22, 2005

  3. orteaga2k2

    orteaga2k2 Guest

    "Toby Jennings" wrote:

    > orteaga2k2 wrote:
    > > Hello all,
    > > I have taken and passed 270 as wells as 271 and it's mainly thanks to
    > > those of you giving information on study materials ( I used the MS Training
    > > Kits). I am scheduled to take 272 next Friday...
    > > My questions are these; once you have completed both the requirements for
    > > MCDST and MCSA (while wanting to use the MCDST cert. as and elective), how
    > > does Microsoft apply these certs (in other words, would you be recognized as
    > > both a MCDST and a MCSA or just a MCSA?)?...
    > > Do you have to call Microsoft and let them know you want to use the MCDST
    > > cert. as an elective or is it automatically applied towards MCSA?
    > > Do you receive a certificate of excellence for acquiring MCDST as well as
    > > MCSA?
    > > I have searched a while in these threads to find answers to the these
    > > questions but have been unable to. I apologize if I just overlooked it,
    > > though. Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide!!!
    > > -orteaga2k2
    > >

    > You'll be known as an MCP, an MCDST, and as an MCSA. You ought to have a
    > certificate and wallet card and lapel pin for each (well, I don't know
    > if they still do it for "just" MCP). When you get your MCSE, you'll get
    > another certificate, wallet card, and lapel pin. My wallet card says
    > "MCP MCP+I MCSE MCSA" and is still attached to the postcard on which it
    > arrived. Should I be carrying it around?

    Good question... I am only doing this to further my career and, at some
    point, teach. I don't know what happened to my card when I became an MCP...
    In fact, I can't remeber much of anything after Battlefield 2 was released...
    Everything is a massive multiplayer blur... Thanks for you response,
    though! It's good to know at least I will get something for the hundreds of
    dollars I have spent.

    orteaga2k2, Jul 22, 2005