    cards, hard drive space, memory, etc? Does anyone have experience with
    the Epson projector? Thank you for your help.

    Frank Rome, NY

    Frank Calidonna, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Frank Calidonna

    Mr3 Guest

    "Frank Calidonna" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > What do I need in laptop power to adequately do presentations - video
    > cards, hard drive space, memory, etc?

    Most presentations are done in PowerPoint.
    If the computer can run MS PowerPoint, you can do presentations.
    Video Card - N/A. The notebook computer sees the projector as an alternate
    display device; i.e., another 'monitor'. Make sure the notebook you are
    considering has an SVGA monitor connector.

    Hard Drive Space / Memory - More is better. No special requirements for
    presentations.

    You can go used or really cheap if the notebook is a second computer used
    only for presentations since all you need to do is run a PowerPoint show.

    Something else to consider: I have seen cutting edge PowerPoint shows done
    from PDA's.

    HTH

    Mr3

    Mr3, Nov 23, 2003

  3. Frank Calidonna

    Mark Herring Guest

    Epson has a projector that has built-in Wi-Fi. That might be useful
    to you also.

    On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 03:45:50 GMT, Frank Calidonna
    <> wrote:

    >I teach using a lot of slide lectures. I am going to have many of my
    >slides scanned and am ready to purchase my first digital camera. I have
    >imaging software, Powerpoint and a couple of slideshow programs too. My
    >questions concern the other equipment. Right now Wal-Mart has HP laptop
    >computers for around $800 and Epson is advertising a projector for $999.
    >What do I need in laptop power to adequately do presentations - video
    >cards, hard drive space, memory, etc? Does anyone have experience with
    >the Epson projector? Thank you for your help.
    >
    > Frank Rome, NY

    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

    Mark Herring, Nov 23, 2003
  4. "Frank Calidonna" <> wrote in message
    > I teach using a lot of slide lectures. I am going to have many of my
    > slides scanned and am ready to purchase my first digital camera. I have
    > imaging software, Powerpoint and a couple of slideshow programs too. My
    > questions concern the other equipment. Right now Wal-Mart has HP laptop
    > computers for around $800 and Epson is advertising a projector for $999.
    > What do I need in laptop power to adequately do presentations - video
    > cards, hard drive space, memory, etc? Does anyone have experience with
    > the Epson projector? Thank you for your help.
    >
    > Frank Rome, NY

    A laptop is not the best choice for image editing. The displays have poor
    color rendition, except perhaps on the very expensive laptops.

    The new projectors in the $1000 range are quite good. There was a review of
    some in PC Magazine earlier this year. Look for it on the magazine's Web
    site. The review points out that these projectors don't have as good
    resolution as the more expensive projectors, but it also remarks that if a
    PowerPoint slide needs higher resolution to be read, it is too busy a slide
    with too small letters anyway.

    Marvin Margoshes, Nov 23, 2003
  5. Frank Calidonna

    Robert Strom Guest

    I don't know who makes it, but I remember reading about some video
    projectors that can accept memory cards (and?) mini zip drives that
    allow you to show you prsentation w/o a computer hooked up to it.

    Sorry that is all I remember, but it seems like a good solution for
    your needs

    Rob Storm

    Robert Strom, Nov 27, 2003
  6. Frank Calidonna

    Mark Herring Guest

    On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:27:51 GMT, Robert Strom
    <> wrote:

    >I don't know who makes it, but I remember reading about some video
    >projectors that can accept memory cards (and?) mini zip drives that
    >allow you to show you prsentation w/o a computer hooked up to it.
    >
    >Sorry that is all I remember, but it seems like a good solution for
    >your needs
    >
    >Rob Storm

    Epson makes a projector with built-in WiFi. I'm sure someone else
    does also
    **************************

    Mark Herring, Nov 27, 2003
  7. Frank Calidonna

    HRosita Guest

    >Robert Strom wrote:

    >I don't know who makes it, but I remember reading about some video
    >>projectors that can accept memory cards

    Hi,

    The Epson 735C has a port for PCMCIA card and so does the Mitsubitchi XD50U.

    there are more. I suggest you check out:
    www.peopleprojectors.com

    the have a very large selection and you can search by exactly the specs you
    need.

    Rosita

    HRosita, Nov 28, 2003