Questions about Claptons' Crossroads Festival DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Nez1297, Jan 8, 2005.

  1. Nez1297

    Nez1297 Guest

    Hi All,

    I got the Crossroads DVD for Christmas, and I am curious about three things,
    and hope that someone here can help answer them. They'll be numbered for
    answering ease (smile):

    1) They entire concert was several days, right? Why not show the whole thing?
    I don't mean the sound checks and the setups, but I find it hard to believe
    that B. B. King only did one song, or ZZ Top did just two. Granted it would
    have been a 3 or 4 disc set then, but I think it would have still sold,
    especially with the line up of performers.

    2) Why show the performances out of order? Night, Day, Day, Night, Day and the
    like. What is the purpose of that?

    3) On PBS' Great Performances 1 hour version, they started with Layla (I know,
    I watched and recorded it), but on the official DVD release, Layla is nowhere
    to be found. Layla! What's up with that?

    Thanks for any insight you might be able to shed,
    Rick
    Nez1297, Jan 8, 2005