    ram ok thats all
    thank you all
    bye
    huss, Nov 5, 2008

  2. huss

    Paul Guest

    huss wrote:
    > Hi all
    > How are you all anyway i want to ask you question can if i want to
    > upgrade 32bit prossesor to 64bit i know i must change the motherboard
    > thats all or i must change any other hardware like the hard disk and
    > ram ok thats all
    > thank you all
    > bye

    In theory, the change could be limited to only the processor itself.

    If you mentioned some details about your computer (make and model)
    or motherboard (make and model), it makes it easier to give you a
    real answer.

    The hard disk and RAM don't know what kind of processor is being
    used.

    Paul
    Paul, Nov 5, 2008

  3. "Paul" <> wrote in message news:gesqqi$10h$...
    > huss wrote:
    >> Hi all
    >> How are you all anyway i want to ask you question can if i want to
    >> upgrade 32bit prossesor to 64bit i know i must change the motherboard
    >> thats all or i must change any other hardware like the hard disk and
    >> ram ok thats all
    >> thank you all
    >> bye

    > In theory, the change could be limited to only the processor itself.
    >
    > If you mentioned some details about your computer (make and model)
    > or motherboard (make and model), it makes it easier to give you a
    > real answer.
    >
    > The hard disk and RAM don't know what kind of processor is being
    > used.

    What Paul said.

    I have one thing to offer, the new processor may require a motherboard
    upgrade to support the data bus, and this can drive the need for a different
    type of RAM. Having said that, if you can upgrade the processor on the
    existing motherboard, then the rest of your stuff is good to go.
    Jeff Strickland, Nov 5, 2008
  4. huss

    John Holmes Guest

    Jeff Strickland "contributed" in alt.computer:

    > "Paul" <> wrote in message
    >> huss wrote:
    >>> Hi all
    >>> How are you all anyway i want to ask you question can if i want to
    >>> upgrade 32bit prossesor to 64bit i know i must change the
    >>> motherboard thats all or i must change any other hardware like the
    >>> hard disk and ram ok thats all
    >>> thank you all
    >>> bye

    >> In theory, the change could be limited to only the processor itself.
    >>
    >> If you mentioned some details about your computer (make and model)
    >> or motherboard (make and model), it makes it easier to give you a
    >> real answer.
    >>
    >> The hard disk and RAM don't know what kind of processor is being
    >> used.
    >>

    > What Paul said.
    >
    > I have one thing to offer, the new processor may require a motherboard
    > upgrade to support the data bus, and this can drive the need for a
    > different type of RAM. Having said that, if you can upgrade the
    > processor on the existing motherboard, then the rest of your stuff is
    > good to go.

    What about his OS?

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Nov 6, 2008
  5. "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > Jeff Strickland "contributed" in alt.computer:
    >

    >> "Paul" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> In theory, the change could be limited to only the processor itself.
    >>>
    >>> If you mentioned some details about your computer (make and model)
    >>> or motherboard (make and model), it makes it easier to give you a
    >>> real answer.
    >>>
    >>> The hard disk and RAM don't know what kind of processor is being
    >>> used.
    >>>

    >> What Paul said.
    >>
    >> I have one thing to offer, the new processor may require a motherboard
    >> upgrade to support the data bus, and this can drive the need for a
    >> different type of RAM. Having said that, if you can upgrade the
    >> processor on the existing motherboard, then the rest of your stuff is
    >> good to go.
    >>

    > What about his OS?

    I assume he wants a 64 bit processer to support gong to a 64 bit OS. You
    raise a good point though, the OP may not have thought of the OS.
    Jeff Strickland, Nov 7, 2008
  6. huss

    huss Guest

    On Nov 6, 8:04 pm, "huss" <> wrote:
    > 'Sup, dude all How are ya' all anyway ah' wants' t' ax' ya' quesshun kin
    > if ah' wants' t' upgrade 32bit prossesor t' 64bit ah' know ah' must
    > change de damn moderboard dats all o' ah' must change any oda' hardware
    > likes de disk doodad sump'n o' oder and ram coo' dats all dank ya' all
    > bye

    thanks for all who stay in touch with my question but who take my name
    it is not good thing anyway thank you all
    huss, Nov 7, 2008