    I have a Kodak 3 Mgpx camera - I have some nice shots that I would like to
    blow up to 8-1/2 x 11, and frame - can I do it?

    Thanks in advance

    zara, Apr 11, 2006

  2. zara

    Pat Guest

    You're stretching the resolution of the camera a little. So the answer
    is "it depends".

    It you are trying to enter an upper-end photography contest, probably
    not. If it is something that you like and has personal value or
    sentimental value to you, it'll be just fine. It might pixelate a
    little, but you won't really care.

    Also, 8 x 10 is a more common size for photos and you'll have a large
    selection of frames and mats.

    Good luck with it.

    Pat, Apr 11, 2006

  3. zara

    Marvin Guest

    zara wrote:
    > I have a Kodak 3 Mgpx camera - I have some nice shots that I would like to
    > blow up to 8-1/2 x 11, and frame - can I do it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    I make good prints that size with pix from my 3.2 Mp camera.
    You'll have to crop a little to fit the aspect ratio, but
    cropping more than the minimum will affect the quality of
    the print.

    Marvin, Apr 11, 2006
  4. zara

    Henry (k) Guest

    Dnia Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:54:12 -0400, zara napisa³(a):

    > I have a Kodak 3 Mgpx camera - I have some nice shots that I would like to
    > blow up to 8-1/2 x 11, and frame - can I do it?

    Yes - you can. But it will look good only if viewed from min distance
    0.5m (if you print it with 300ppi). Of course only if quality of source
    photo is good (for small digital cameras I usually double this min
    distance).

    Greetings
    Henry

    Henry (k), Apr 11, 2006
  5. zara

    Jem Raid Guest

    "zara" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Kodak 3 Mgpx camera - I have some nice shots that I would like to
    >blow up to 8-1/2 x 11, and frame - can I do it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    In late 2004 I bought a 2nd hand Casio QV3000 (for £45 off eBay) this a 3mp
    camera and I regularly print to 9" x 6.75" no problem at all. I take pics of
    machine tools for my job with it, sometimes in poorly and often badly lit
    factories, the prints never cease to amaze me. :)

    Jem

    -------------------------------------
    Birmingham Independent Photographers
    http://bip.wikispaces.com/

    Jem Raid, Apr 11, 2006
  6. zara

    Ronald Hands Guest

    > "zara" <> wrote in message
    >> I have a Kodak 3 Mgpx camera - I have some nice shots that I would like to
    >> blow up to 8-1/2 x 11, and frame - can I do it?

    Sure. I do it regularly with my Canon A75 (3.2 mgpx). The
    prints are generally travel pix, mounted in albums, so they get
    close scrutiny. Very happy with the results.
    Even made some acceptable 8x10s from this camera's
    predecessor, a Canon A40, which is a 2 megapixel model.
    I crop and do a bit of sharpening in Photoshop Elements.

    -- Ron

    Ronald Hands, Apr 11, 2006
  7. zara

    Ray Fischer Guest

    zara <> wrote:
    >I have a Kodak 3 Mgpx camera - I have some nice shots that I would like to
    >blow up to 8-1/2 x 11, and frame - can I do it?

    Of course. I've made prints up to 20"x30" from 6.2MP images with very
    nice results. Besides, an 8x10 only costs a few dollars so how much
    can you lose?

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Apr 16, 2006
  8. zara <> wrote:
    : I have a Kodak 3 Mgpx camera - I have some nice shots that I would
    : like to blow up to 8-1/2 x 11, and frame - can I do it?

    : Thanks in advance

    Can you do it, Yes. Will you be satisfied with the results, that's up to
    you. Many years ago I had a 1.2mp camera that I used to take a family
    photo. I printed the photo as an 8x10 and it was proudly displayed on the
    piano in the living room for so many years the ink faded to pastels and
    the baby in arms was about to start kindergarden. So if what you want is a
    good photo that can be used to show your pride in your family, your 3mp
    camera will definately do the job. If you are looking to display your
    photo in a museum gallery, probably not. If your intentions are somewhere
    inbetween, give it a try and make your own decision. With the price of
    printing an 8x10 (or 8.5x11) you can probably afford to try it and still
    throw it out if it does not meet your personal standards. :)

    Randy

    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Apr 16, 2006