    space on a photo web page would it look better or worse in terms of
    clarity?. Would it be best just to resize my images to exactly what the
    defaulted image sizes the web page provides?.
    Anynomus, Nov 29, 2004

  2. "Anynomus" <> wrote in message
    news:1MMqd.362$Xd.47@trndny02...
    > If I took a 600 X 400 image and placed it into a defaulted 560 X 367 image
    > space on a photo web page would it look better or worse in terms of
    > clarity?. Would it be best just to resize my images to exactly what the
    > defaulted image sizes the web page provides?.

    I'm not sure exactly what you have in mind, but the expectation is that they
    would look worse, especially if the resizing is done by the browser of the
    person viewing it. It is much better to do your own resizing.
    Michael A. Covington, Nov 29, 2004

  3. Anynomus wrote:

    > If I took a 600 X 400 image and placed it into a defaulted 560 X
    > 367 image space on a photo web page would it look better or worse
    > in terms of clarity?

    I assume that it would make the browser downscale the image. The result
    depends on the viewers browser, but it's a pretty safe assumption that
    it isn't as good at downsizing as a decent image manipulation program.
    Toke Eskildsen, Nov 29, 2004
  4. Anynomus

    Chris D Guest

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:45:33 GMT
    "Anynomus" <> wrote:

    > If I took a 600 X 400 image and placed it into a defaulted 560
    > X 367 image space on a photo web page would it look better or
    > worse in terms of clarity?. Would it be best just to resize my
    > images to exactly what the defaulted image sizes the web page
    > provides?.

    I Don't know if it would look any worse, but if you resized it
    to 560 x 367 before putting it up, it would be a smaller image,
    meaning that us poor sods on dialup would see it slightly
    faster. It wouldn't be a huge difference, but every bit (or
    byte?) helps, especially if there's more than one photo on the
    screen.

    -Chris D
    Chris D, Nov 29, 2004