    Is there any site where this could be done?
    I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement against this guy
    but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot afford a lawyer

    Roy Newman-Smith, Aug 24, 2005

  2. Roy Newman-Smith

    philo Guest

    > I am a 77 year old man who has had his life savings of $80,000.00 scammed

    by
    > a Halifax, Nova Scotia individual & I would like to publicize his name so
    > that other people in this locality do not get scammed as I was.
    > Is there any site where this could be done?
    > I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement against this

    guy
    > but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot afford a lawyer

    First off... I find it hard to believe that anyone who is 77 years old and
    full of experience...
    could have gotten scammed for $80K.

    However...ín the odd chance that it could really be true...
    here is how to get your money back...
    One of my friends did this and I am serious...it's absolutely true.

    A friend of mine...though an artist and a sculptor...earns his living by
    repairing
    some of the older masions in this town. He works for people with a lot of
    money...
    and a few years back did a major chimney job.
    Since the home owner lived in such an expensive house...my buddy figured
    there'd be no problem with payment.
    The rich S.O.B never paid him the $7500 he owned...and kept making excuses.

    One day my buddy got sick and tired of it all and jumped in his pickup truck
    and drove it across the guy's extensive expanse of lawn...and took his
    truck right up to the front door...
    Beat his fists against the door.....and when the owner came out...simply
    yelled at him:

    Ï'll take my payment now!

    "The guy wrote him a check on the spot...
    and it did not bounce!

    I did something similar once but quite a bit dramatic...and it worked too.

    Go for it...even if you need to buy a pickup truck!!!

    philo, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Roy Newman-Smith

    philo Guest

    TYPO CORRECTED

    > I did something similar once but quite a bit LESS dramatic...and it worked

    too.

    philo, Aug 24, 2005
  4. Roy Newman-Smith

    Mike Easter Guest

    Roy Newman-Smith wrote:
    > I am a 77 year old man who has had his life savings of $80,000.00
    > scammed by a Halifax, Nova Scotia individual & I would like to
    > publicize his name so that other people in this locality do not get
    > scammed as I was.

    I am not a lawyer and I don't play one on the internet or TV.

    Before you go very far down that road, you should familiarize yourself
    with your community's libel, slander, and defamation laws. Here's the
    first site I came across
    http://www.canadianlawsite.com/personalinjuryNS.html Slander, Libel and
    Defamation of
    Character

    That's a site where a person can find a personal injury lawyer in Nova
    Scotia to take up a case for libel/slander/defamation

    > Is there any site where this could be done?

    It wouldn't cost very much to setup a webpage to express something.

    > I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement against
    > this guy but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot afford a
    > lawyer

    If you got a judgment then whatever process or attorney was used to
    obtain that judgment has additional information about how to collect on
    judgments. Just getting a judgment isn't enough to recover, which is
    often the more difficult part of the process. Surely there was some
    advice about recovery or collecting when you set out to get the
    judgment.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 24, 2005
  5. Roy Newman-Smith

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    > If you got a judgment then whatever process or attorney was used to
    > obtain that judgment has additional information about how to collect on
    > judgments. Just getting a judgment isn't enough to recover, which is
    > often the more difficult part of the process. Surely there was some
    > advice about recovery or collecting when you set out to get the
    > judgment.

    Unquestionably better and saner advise than I had given above...
    however a pickup truck would prob.be a lot cheaper than a lawyer !

    philo, Aug 24, 2005
  6. Roy Newman-Smith

    trout Guest

    Roy Newman-Smith wrote:

    > I am a 77 year old man who has had his life savings of $80,000.00
    > scammed by a Halifax, Nova Scotia individual & I would like to
    > publicize his name so that other people in this locality do not get
    > scammed as I was.
    > Is there any site where this could be done?
    > I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement against
    > this guy but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot afford a
    > lawyer

    Check your newsgroup list and inquire about this in groups more
    local to you. You could start with 'general interest' groups like
    hfx.general, and ns.general.
    Or. possibly, something like can.legal.
    Just be prepared to wade through a lot of crap.
    --
    Like most newsgroups.

    trout, Aug 24, 2005
  7. Roy Newman-Smith

    Harrison Guest

    On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:53:17 GMT, "Roy Newman-Smith" <> wrote:

    >I am a 77 year old man who has had his life savings of $80,000.00 scammed by
    >a Halifax, Nova Scotia individual & I would like to publicize his name so
    >that other people in this locality do not get scammed as I was.
    >Is there any site where this could be done?
    >I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement against this guy
    >but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot afford a lawyer

    Can you afford a hit man?

    Harrison, Aug 24, 2005
  8. Roy Newman-Smith

    Harrison Guest

    On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:05:11 -0500, "philo" <> wrote:

    >> I am a 77 year old man who has had his life savings of $80,000.00 scammed

    >by
    >> a Halifax, Nova Scotia individual & I would like to publicize his name so
    >> that other people in this locality do not get scammed as I was.
    >> Is there any site where this could be done?
    >> I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement against this

    >guy
    >> but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot afford a lawyer
    >>

    >First off... I find it hard to believe that anyone who is 77 years old and
    >full of experience...
    >could have gotten scammed for $80K.
    >
    >However...ín the odd chance that it could really be true...
    >here is how to get your money back...
    >One of my friends did this and I am serious...it's absolutely true.
    >
    >A friend of mine...though an artist and a sculptor...earns his living by
    >repairing
    >some of the older masions in this town. He works for people with a lot of
    >money...
    >and a few years back did a major chimney job.
    >Since the home owner lived in such an expensive house...my buddy figured
    >there'd be no problem with payment.
    >The rich S.O.B never paid him the $7500 he owned...and kept making excuses.
    >
    >One day my buddy got sick and tired of it all and jumped in his pickup truck
    >and drove it across the guy's extensive expanse of lawn...and took his
    >truck right up to the front door...
    >Beat his fists against the door.....and when the owner came out...simply
    >yelled at him:
    >
    >Ï'll take my payment now!
    >
    >"The guy wrote him a check on the spot...
    >and it did not bounce!
    >
    >I did something similar once but quite a bit dramatic...and it worked too.
    >
    >Go for it...even if you need to buy a pickup truck!!!

    I shoved a shotgun into a guy's nose and asked him to please not bother my wife anymore.
    It worked too.

    Harrison, Aug 24, 2005
  9. Roy Newman-Smith

    philo Guest

    > >Go for it...even if you need to buy a pickup truck!!!

    > I shoved a shotgun into a guy's nose and asked him to please not bother my

    wife anymore.
    > It worked too.

    If it was a two-barrel shotgun...
    you could have skipped the word "please"!

    philo, Aug 24, 2005
  10. Roy Newman-Smith

    old jon Guest

    <Harrison> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:53:17 GMT, "Roy Newman-Smith"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I am a 77 year old man who has had his life savings of $80,000.00 scammed
    >>by
    >>a Halifax, Nova Scotia individual & I would like to publicize his name so
    >>that other people in this locality do not get scammed as I was.
    >>Is there any site where this could be done?
    >>I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement against this
    >>guy
    >>but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot afford a lawyer

    > Can you afford a hit man?

    That wouldn`t do any good. He`d never get his money back then <g>.
    Perhaps the threat of `kneecapping` might work.

    old jon, Aug 24, 2005
  11. Roy Newman-Smith

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2005-08-24, Roy Newman-Smith <> wrote:
    > I am a 77 year old man who has had his life savings of $80,000.00 scammed by
    > a Halifax, Nova Scotia individual & I would like to publicize his name so
    > that other people in this locality do not get scammed as I was.
    > Is there any site where this could be done?
    > I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement against this guy
    > but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot afford a lawyer

    Talk to a local newspaper. Many more people read papers than go anywhere
    near the internet - and newspapers have lawyers, and if your story is
    interesting enough they might even pay you for it ...

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Aug 24, 2005
  12. Roy Newman-Smith

    Toolman Tim Guest

    philo wrote:
    >>> Go for it...even if you need to buy a pickup truck!!!

    >> I shoved a shotgun into a guy's nose and asked him to please not
    >> bother my wife anymore. It worked too.
    >>

    > If it was a two-barrel shotgun...
    > you could have skipped the word "please"!

    Even one would have worked with me <g>! I'm not that hard to convince...

    --
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 25, 2005
  13. Roy Newman-Smith

    Toolman Tim Guest

    philo wrote:
    > <snip>
    >>
    >> If you got a judgment then whatever process or attorney was used to
    >> obtain that judgment has additional information about how to collect
    >> on judgments. Just getting a judgment isn't enough to recover,
    >> which is often the more difficult part of the process. Surely there
    >> was some advice about recovery or collecting when you set out to get
    >> the judgment.
    >>

    > Unquestionably better and saner advise than I had given above...
    > however a pickup truck would prob.be a lot cheaper than a lawyer !

    And reusable too ;o)

    --
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 25, 2005
  14. Roy Newman-Smith

    philo Guest

    > > Unquestionably better and saner advise than I had given above...
    > > however a pickup truck would prob.be a lot cheaper than a lawyer !

    > And reusable too ;o)

    That's right...
    Oh...I should mention that it's not a good idea to get one of those $60,000
    Cadillac pickup trucks...
    they don't haul manure very well !

    philo, Aug 25, 2005
  15. Roy Newman-Smith

    Toolman Tim Guest

    philo wrote:
    >>> Unquestionably better and saner advise than I had given above...
    >>> however a pickup truck would prob.be a lot cheaper than a lawyer !

    >> And reusable too ;o)
    >>

    > That's right...
    > Oh...I should mention that it's not a good idea to get one of those
    > $60,000 Cadillac pickup trucks...
    > they don't haul manure very well !

    Heh heh heh...I bet they don't go off road either <g>

    --
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 25, 2005
  16. "Mike Easter" <> wrote in

    >Roy Newman-Smith wrote:
    >> I am a 77 year old man who has had his life savings of $80,000.00
    >> scammed by a Halifax, Nova Scotia individual & I would like to
    >> publicize his name so that other people in this locality do not
    >> get scammed as I was.

    > I am not a lawyer and I don't play one on the internet or TV.
    >
    > Before you go very far down that road, you should familiarize
    > yourself with your community's libel, slander, and defamation
    > laws. Here's the first site I came across
    >http://www.canadianlawsite.com/personalinjuryNS.html Slander,
    >Libel and
    > Defamation of
    > Character
    >
    > That's a site where a person can find a personal injury lawyer in
    > Nova Scotia to take up a case for libel/slander/defamation
    >
    >> Is there any site where this could be done?

    > It wouldn't cost very much to setup a webpage to express
    > something.
    >
    >> I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement
    >> against this guy but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot
    >> afford a lawyer

    > If you got a judgment then whatever process or attorney was used
    > to obtain that judgment has additional information about how to
    > collect on judgments. Just getting a judgment isn't enough to
    > recover, which is often the more difficult part of the process.
    > Surely there was some advice about recovery or collecting when you
    > set out to get the judgment.

    I am in no way knowledgeable of settlements and such. I would however
    think it might be possible to place a lien against the persons
    property, whatever that might be. With a little research that might
    be cheap and effective. If there is such a thing as a legal aid
    society in the area that might be another resource to explore.

    --
    Freedom is never free....

    Top (retired), Aug 25, 2005