    My notebook is a Gateway 5300. I was in the process to getting to the initial setting. I was unable to complete the process because the computed booted itself and came with this message: "The following file is missing or corrupted: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD..... I'm running windows I just move to my new place and I can find a reboot disk. Can anyone help? Thanks

    --
    GILBERTO MEDINA
    medgil, Sep 30, 2003

  2. medgil

    °Mike° Guest

    Please do not post in HTML. This is a text only newsgroup. Also,
    please adjust your line wrap to 72.

    For your problem:

    Missing or Damaged Vmm32.vxd File in OSR2.1 Setup

    The Truth About VMM32.VXD
    http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/vmm32.html

    Error Message: The Following File Is Missing or Corrupted...

    VMM32.VXD errors
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ervmm32.htm

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 04:45:48 GMT, in
    <0U7eb.638180$o%2.298857@sccrnsc02>
    medgil scrawled:

    >My notebook is a Gateway 5300. I was in the process to getting to the initial setting. I was unable to complete the process because the computed booted itself and came with this message: "The following file is missing or corrupted: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD..... I'm running windows I just move to my new place and I can find a reboot disk. Can anyone help? Thanks
    >
    >--
    >GILBERTO MEDINA

    ><HTML><HEAD>
    ><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
    ><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" name=GENERATOR>
    ><STYLE></STYLE>
    ></HEAD>
    ><BODY bgColor=#008080>
    ><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>My notebook is a Gateway 5300. I was in the process

    <snip rest>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 30, 2003

  3. medgil

    medgil Guest

    It do not start on safe mode ... it goes
    to the C prompt. and display

    GILBERTO MEDINA

    medgil, Sep 30, 2003
  4. medgil

    °Mike° Guest

    Read the links I gave. The information is there...

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 05:52:15 GMT, in
    <jS8eb.187720$>
    medgil scrawled:

    °Mike°, Sep 30, 2003