  1. mpg

    mpg Guest

    Is it possible for someone with AOL to see this message board?

    mpg, Jun 22, 2003

  2. mpg

    Plato Guest

    mpg wrote:

    > Is it possible for someone with AOL to see this message board?

    Sure. groups.google.com

    One can even sign up with them and post here from an AOL account.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 22, 2003

  3. mpg

    gangle Guest

    It's called a newsgroup. Yes, it is available to
    victims of AOL.

    gangle, Jun 22, 2003
  4. mpg

    Boomer Guest

    "mpg" <> wrote in

    > What about reading AOL message boards from outside of AOL? is
    > that possible?
    > I have had a butt full of AOL and am leaving them. I am sick of
    > all the
    > spam and junk mail.
    > I am trying Earthlink right now and I don't know what to think
    > about them. Does anyone know of one where you can pay by the year?

    You could pay EL by the year. Call them and see if they will give
    you a good $$ deal if you do so.

    Check this out also.
    http://www.thelist.com/

    Boomer, Jun 23, 2003
  5. mpg wrote:

    > I am trying Earthlink right now and I don't know what to think about them.

    EarthStink is rapidly developing a reputation as a spam-friendly ISP and
    also as an ISP which sells its customers' email addresses to others. I
    would stay away from them if I were you.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Jun 23, 2003
  6. mpg

    mpg Guest

    I ask Earthlink support about if they sell info about their customers and
    the said no and I ask if they share any information at all and they said no

    mpg, Jun 23, 2003
  7. mpg

    Jimchip Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 02:26:04 GMT, Gary G. Taylor wrote:
    > mpg wrote:
    >

    >> I am trying Earthlink right now and I don't know what to think about them.

    > EarthStink is rapidly developing a reputation as a spam-friendly ISP and
    > also as an ISP which sells its customers' email addresses to others.

    "rapidly developing a reputation"? Care to post any refs?

    While I'm not going to defend ELN as an ISP (I have had some past experience
    with them), I am especially interested in the "sells its customers' email
    addresses to others" allegation. They just won a big lawsuit against
    spammers.

    Can you provide any proof at all for your allegation?

    [snip]

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

    Jimchip, Jun 23, 2003
  8. mpg

    trout Guest

    mpg wrote:

    > I ask Earthlink support about if they sell info about their customers
    > and the said no and I ask if they share any information at all and
    > they said no

    Yes and no. From the site:
    "in instances where EarthLink and a partner jointly promote the
    Services, EarthLink may provide the partner certain personal
    information, such as the name, address, and username of persons who
    subscribed to the Services as a result of the joint promotion for the
    sole purpose of allowing us and the partner to assess the results of the
    promotion."

    Earthlink Privacy Policy:
    http://www.earthlink.net/about/policies/privacy/
    --