    Any ideas.

    Thanks in advance.

    lsl
    =?Utf-8?B?TGFyeQ==?=, Jan 9, 2006

  2. Hi
    Regular Wireless Security is not a Log On type. It does not ask for
    credentials, if the credentials are not keyed in advance it can not connect.
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 10, 2006

  3. I guess I don’t understand. When I use my laptop and select the secured site,
    it prompts for the security key to be typed in and confirmed. It doesn’t do
    this on the desktop. On both the desktop and my laptop I have an excellent
    signal, since the WAP is six feet away.

    lsl

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFyeQ==?=, Jan 10, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TGFyeQ==?=

    Keppy Guest

    On my laptop I actually set up a profile for my network, where I entered the
    network I wanted to connect to and entered the key. When I entered it
    incorrectly, it popped up for me to reenter it. Once it was correct, it just
    logs into that network as my primary network. When I try to connect to
    others in my area I get the message that they are locked and I don't even
    get asked to enter a key. On one occasion I tried to set up a profile for
    one to see if I could guess my neighbors key, so it did pop up with a place
    for me to enter a key, but once I deleted it from my list of preferred
    networks, I don't get asked anymore. I don't know if this is the same thing
    you are experiencing or not. I don't know much about networking except
    getting connected to my own :)

    Keppy, Jan 10, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TGFyeQ==?=

    Carol Guest

    The password option may not pop up because setting might have been
    established at an earlier attempt. You can check your setting of any network
    in the "wireless network connection" properties.

    Carol, Feb 5, 2006