    NIC and sound card). There are no CNR modems listed on the PriceSpy
    website.

    Thanks for any suggestions.
    Greg, Jun 7, 2004

  2. Greg

    Richard Guest

    Greg wrote:

    > My PC is fitted with a CNR slot (computer network riser). Are there
    > any Auckland retailers who sell 56k modems to fit this small 50cm-long
    > slot?
    >
    > I have an existing PCI modem installed, but need the PCI slot for
    > something else, hence my enquiry (the other two slots are used for a
    > NIC and sound card). There are no CNR modems listed on the PriceSpy
    > website.

    You dont want one, they are pure software modems and are at the mercy of all the
    other hardware in the system. Systems assembly people use them, because they
    will test that it works with all the other hardware they sell the machine with.

    See if you can score a USB external
    Richard, Jun 7, 2004

  3. Greg

    EMB Guest

    In news:,
    Greg <> expelled:
    > My PC is fitted with a CNR slot (computer network riser). Are there
    > any Auckland retailers who sell 56k modems to fit this small 50cm-long
    > slot?
    >
    > I have an existing PCI modem installed, but need the PCI slot for
    > something else, hence my enquiry (the other two slots are used for a
    > NIC and sound card). There are no CNR modems listed on the PriceSpy
    > website.
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions.

    QMB have had them in the past and they're still listed
    http://www.qmb.co.nz/p.aspx?100492

    HTH

    --
    EMB
    change two to number to reply
    EMB, Jun 7, 2004
  4. Greg

    TEX Guest

    Greg wrote:
    > My PC is fitted with a CNR slot (computer network riser). Are there
    > any Auckland retailers who sell 56k modems to fit this small 50cm-long
    > slot?
    >
    > I have an existing PCI modem installed, but need the PCI slot for
    > something else, hence my enquiry (the other two slots are used for a
    > NIC and sound card). There are no CNR modems listed on the PriceSpy
    > website.
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions.

    5cm long lsot you mean??? Looks like the short part of a agp slot?? Got
    a box of about 50 modems to suit those slots. Just send me you addy and
    I'll send you one if it suits.

    TEX
    TEX, Jun 7, 2004
  5. Greg

    Daver Guest

    May not fix your problem. My CNR modem blocks the PCI slot next to it as the
    components are on the opposite side to PCI cards hence prevent using PCI
    slot.

    Daver, Jun 7, 2004
  6. Greg

    Greg Guest

    snip
    >Got a box of about 50 modems to suit those slots. Just send me you addy and
    >I'll send you one if it suits.
    >TEX

    Thanks Tex I would like to accept your generous offer. I can not
    resolve your corect E-mail address from your post. Maybe you could
    E-mail me off-board so I can send you back my postal address.
    Greg
    Greg, Jun 9, 2004