    post my email address.

    Thanks in advance,

    ½ Viking

    ½ Viking ½ Highlander 100% Wild, Dec 5, 2003

  2. ½  Viking ½ Highlander  100% Wild

    yachtboy! Guest

    On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 11:44:10 GMT, ½ Viking ½ Highlander 100% Wild
    <> screamed in a very nice fashion:

    >Hello all,
    >

    >I am looking for a christmas present for someone and they wanted
    >the 1974 TV version of Miracle on 34th Street that was aired on CBS,
    >produced by Fox Home Entertainment.
    >
    >I was just curious if anyone knew if it was ever released, even on
    >VHS.
    >
    >Please post replies to group. I get too much spam from bots when I
    >post my email address.
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >
    >½ Viking

    The IMDB says it is not available in any form, but they aren't always
    right!
    Good luck, hope you find it.

    ==========
    "Being diabetic is alot like having an un-invited
    guest at a picnic, who keeps pointing out the potato
    salad may have gone bad."--W.B. Willis

    "Destiny has a strange sense of humor..." K. Honeycutt
    ----------
    http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe
    http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe/psychedelic.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe/slinkypage.html

    "He not busy being born is busy dying..." B. Dylan

    =======================

    yachtboy!, Dec 5, 2003

  3. ½ Viking ½ Highlander 100% Wild in a half shell:

    > Hello all,
    >

    > I am looking for a christmas present for someone and they wanted
    > the 1974 TV version of Miracle on 34th Street that was aired on CBS,
    > produced by Fox Home Entertainment.
    >
    > I was just curious if anyone knew if it was ever released, even on
    > VHS.
    >
    > Please post replies to group. I get too much spam from bots when I
    > post my email address.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > ½ Viking

    not to my knowledge.. only the 1994 and 1947 versions are/were availble.

    David Beamish, Dec 5, 2003
  4. yachtboy! <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 11:44:10 GMT, ½ Viking ½ Highlander 100% Wild
    > <> screamed in a very nice fashion:
    >
    > >Hello all,
    > >

    > >I am looking for a christmas present for someone and they wanted
    > >the 1974 TV version of Miracle on 34th Street that was aired on CBS,
    > >produced by Fox Home Entertainment.
    > >
    > >I was just curious if anyone knew if it was ever released, even on
    > >VHS.
    > >
    > >Please post replies to group. I get too much spam from bots when I
    > >post my email address.
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance,
    > >
    > >½ Viking

    > The IMDB says it is not available in any form, but they aren't always
    > right!
    > Good luck, hope you find it.

    I was wondering just the other day why we never see it.

    I was still enough of a kid when it aired originally that I thought
    it was okay. Well known tv actors of the time, like David Harman
    and Sebastian Cabot (Mr. French). My memory says it aired for
    a number of seasons, then disappeared. Though, I know it
    ran here in Montreal on one of the French channels long after
    I last saw it in English (though I can't remember if it was
    a yearly thing, or simply reappeared years later).

    I'm not sure what the point of the 1994 remake was (except that
    studios have a tendency to remake things). The original does
    stand up well all these years later, though I suppose some might
    dislike the lack of color. The 1974 one, I suppose I may excuse
    it because I was young at the time, rather than question why
    they had to remake it then.

    Maybe the fact that it was made for TV has somehow kept it
    from video. It seems like made for tv movies are less likely
    to make it to video.

    I'd like to see "The Man in the Santa Claus Suit" again,
    along with "An American Christmas Carol", and likely many more
    made for TV Christmas movies that haven't been commonly seen
    in a long time.

    Michael

    Michael Black, Dec 6, 2003
  5. >. The original does
    >stand up well all these years later, though I suppose some might
    >dislike the lack of color. The 1974 one, I

    huh? Anything made for U.S. tv in 1974 would have been made in color and
    broadcast in color.

    It's more likely the lack of stereo sound why it's not broadcast on the
    networks today.

    Waterperson77, Dec 9, 2003