Question using Nero Vision Express 2

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bun Mui, Oct 17, 2004.

  1. Bun Mui

    Bun Mui Guest

    Question using Nero Vision Express 2

    I find that when I try to video encode a particular mpg file using
    Nero Vision Express 2 to make vcd or dvd at certain point of
    encoding it will freeze the video. The view screen when encoding
    video stopped like it is a still photo and no motion which means no
    progress). When I play the dvd/vcd on DVD/vcd player it plays to a
    certain point then the video freezes but sound still in progress
    continuing.

    When I use the same file to video encode using Nero 6.3.0.2
    making vcd after I burn to VCD, I play on player. It doesn't pause.
    It plays everything like it is normal.
    My question is why?
    And if I can video encode that particular file using Nero Vision
    express to dvd format so it won't freeze at that particular point, so it won't
    freeze and I can see the video DVD.

    I burn a 4X when I burn to DVD.

    If I burn it at a lower speed like 2X will this problem no occur??

    Should I try a different program????

    What should I do to make it work like it would when I don't
    use the Nero Vision Express, but the Nero 6.3.0.2
    making vcd program.

    Thanks.

    Bun Mui

    Bun Mui, Oct 17, 2004

  2. Dont use nero to encode, use tmpgenc

    Lonely Planet Boy, Oct 17, 2004

  3. Bun Mui

    Ionizer Guest

    "Bun Mui" <> wrote in message
    > Question using Nero Vision Express 2
    >
    > I find that when I try to video encode a particular mpg file using
    > Nero Vision Express 2 to make vcd or dvd at certain point of
    > encoding it will freeze the video. The view screen when encoding
    > video stopped like it is a still photo and no motion which means no
    > progress). When I play the dvd/vcd on DVD/vcd player it plays to a
    > certain point then the video freezes but sound still in progress
    > continuing.
    >
    > When I use the same file to video encode using Nero 6.3.0.2
    > making vcd after I burn to VCD, I play on player. It doesn't pause.
    > It plays everything like it is normal.
    > My question is why?
    > And if I can video encode that particular file using Nero Vision
    > express to dvd format so it won't freeze at that particular point, so it

    won't
    > freeze and I can see the video DVD.
    >
    > I burn a 4X when I burn to DVD.
    >
    > If I burn it at a lower speed like 2X will this problem no occur??
    >
    > Should I try a different program????
    >
    > What should I do to make it work like it would when I don't
    > use the Nero Vision Express, but the Nero 6.3.0.2
    > making vcd program.

    I haven't used Nero Vision specifically, but the problem might just be
    that you are running that preview video while it is doing its job. In
    DVDShrink and TMPGEnc, there is an option to disable that preview video-
    disabling it speeds up the whole process slightly because it consumes
    slightly fewer resources. Nero Vision may also have this option.
    Disabling your antivirus and other unnecessary background processes while
    Nero Vision is working on a project might also help.

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 17, 2004