    into ROMmon.

    Many thanks,
    Voitec

    Voitec, Sep 12, 2004

  2. Voitec

    carl Guest

    Hi

    the following link came from a 2500 document

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bfac.shtml

    it does not mention 2500 in the procedure but try it out

    "Voitec" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm unable to tftp as I have no Token Ring NICs.
    >
    > Can someone pls provide exact commands on how to do it? I Google-d for a

    few
    > hours already but am unable to find anything of value.
    >
    > Xmodem file send gets me the error: "No response from remote system."
    >
    > I have no files in system flash (I erased it) so when I boot I get

    straight

    carl, Sep 12, 2004

  3. Voitec

    Voitec Guest

    Thanks Carl. Great article tho I'm not much better off as I get an error
    message when typing in xmodem at the rommon > prompt. For example:
    >xmodem

    What?

    Not really too sure where to go from here.

    Voitec, Sep 12, 2004
  4. Voitec

    Frank Fegert Guest

    Re: QUESTION: Uploading of IOS image to Cisco 2504 using the consoleport ONLY

    Hi,

    Voitec wrote:
    > I'm unable to tftp as I have no Token Ring NICs.
    >
    > Can someone pls provide exact commands on how to do it? I Google-d for a few
    > hours already but am unable to find anything of value.
    >
    > Xmodem file send gets me the error: "No response from remote system."
    >
    > I have no files in system flash (I erased it) so when I boot I get straight
    > into ROMmon.

    the 2500 series does NOT support console downloads. Your
    options are WAN or TR download with TFTP, or putting the
    erased flash in another 2500 with ethernet, TFTP the image
    and put the flash back in the 2500 with TR.
    One can get TR hubs and NICs from ePay at very moderate
    prices.

    Regards,

    Frank

    Frank Fegert, Sep 12, 2004
  5. Voitec

    Voitec Guest

    Bugger, many thanks. I had a feeling that was the case as I was surprised I
    found nothing substantial on Google over many hours of searching.

    Frank, can I set my 2503 as a TFTP server and upload its flash to one of the
    2504s I have via serial? I can use the same flash as I already checked that.
    I think I saw an example on how to do it but I lost the page somewhere :(

    Failing that, I'll just swap the chips out - I didn't think of that, thanks
    for the idea.

    Voitec, Sep 12, 2004
  6. Voitec

    Voitec Guest

    Found it!
    For those who had similar dramas go to:
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/63/copyimage.html#copying_one_router

    By the end of today I'll be a flash upgrade guru...

    Voitec, Sep 12, 2004