    having problem with the 4000 and doing this (this was with Vista Server though).

    Thanks!!

    Niels

    Niels Berglund, Oct 2, 2005

  2. Niels Berglund

    Robert Boers Guest

    Niels Berglund wrote:
    > Sorry for being slightly off topic (it still has to do with Win64
    > though). Ok, so on my desktop I have now gone 64 bits 100%, (no dual
    > boot to 32 bit what so ever), and everything works flawlessly.
    >
    > I now want to do the same on my laptop and Iam thinking of getting an
    > Acer Ferrari 4000. I know there are a couple of guys/girls here using
    > that laptop. I will be using the laptop for presentations and I just
    > wonder if Fn-F5 to send output to external pr to the ojector works with whatever
    > video drivers there are for the 4000 and xp64? I'm asking 'cause I saw
    > somewhere else someone having problem with the 4000 and doing this (this
    > was with Vista Server though).
    >
    > Thanks!!
    >
    > Niels

    Mine does fine via the dvi port to a plasma screen for work at home. I
    found a plasma.inf that set it to the right resolution (something like
    852 x 480).

    Rob

    Robert Boers, Oct 2, 2005

  3. The interface for switching screen output is a bit bizarre, but once you
    figure it out, yes it works just fine. I regularly switch to send output to
    the DVI port.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 2, 2005
  4. Hello Robert,

    > Mine does fine via the dvi port to a plasma screen for work at home. I
    > found a plasma.inf that set it to the right resolution (something like
    > 852 x 480).

    Thanks Rob!

    Niels

    Niels Berglund, Oct 3, 2005
  5. Hi Charlie,

    > The interface for switching screen output is a bit bizarre, but once
    > you figure it out, yes it works just fine. I regularly switch to send
    > output to the DVI port.

    Thanks!!

    Niels

    Niels Berglund, Oct 3, 2005