    configure the console port to accept this connection, the installation
    guide gives no clues.

    Any feedback that migh help would be greatly appreciated.
    Robert B. Phillips, II, May 18, 2006

    Randal T. Rioux, May 18, 2006

  3. UPDATE: Re: Question regarding SSH via Lantronix SCS100

    I played with it and here is what happened. So I configured the SCS100
    to do SSH and to authenticate the SSH connection with a local
    username/password. When I SSH to the address I gave the SCS100 It
    authenticates me and then in PuTTY (my SSH client) it states 'server
    unexpectedly closed connection'. This is not the same message that I
    get if the credentials are incorrect. So I am getting authenticated
    but just not getting to the router.

    What I need is to understand; (1) do I need to send this to the
    CONSOLE or AUX port on the router, or does it matter, and (2) what
    configuration needs to be on the router line to allow it to talk? It
    appears from the statistics on the SCS100 that it is sending data out
    the serial port just not receiving any back, in other words the router
    refuses to answer. I have been trying using the CONSOLE port, and
    usually when you do this kind of thing to to the AUX port you have to
    configure modem controls, i.e. Modem InOut or ModemDialin but you
    can't configure modem controls on the CONSOLE port.

    Any suggestions?

    Robert B. Phillips, II

    Robert B. Phillips, II, May 20, 2006