    cure other than deleting the newsgroup and subscribing again? Thanks
    for any answers.

    Lee
    Delete, Feb 9, 2005

  2. Delete wrote:
    > For some reason each time I go to a newsgroups it shows there are
    > messages there to read but when I click on the individual newsgroup the
    > count disappears and there is nothing to read. I have marked the
    > individual ng as read (mark all as read), but the next time I go there
    > it again shows messages but again nothing there. Is there any other
    > cure other than deleting the newsgroup and subscribing again? Thanks
    > for any answers.
    >
    > Lee

    Close TB, and navigate to the News subfolder in your profile folder.
    Find the msf file for the newsgroup and delete it. For example, the
    ..msf file for this group would be alt.fan.mozilla.msf.

    Open Thunderbird and go to the group. Headers will have to be
    redownloaded, but once its done, all should be as before.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 9, 2005

    John Cheever Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Close TB, and navigate to the News subfolder in your profile folder.
    > Find the msf file for the newsgroup and delete it. For example, the
    > .msf file for this group would be alt.fan.mozilla.msf.
    >
    > Open Thunderbird and go to the group. Headers will have to be
    > redownloaded, but once its done, all should be as before.
    >
    > Lee

    Hi Lee,

    Umm... where is the profile folder? :O/
    --
    John Cheever
    http://upsd.co.uk
    John Cheever, Feb 12, 2005

    Roland Guest

    See <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder>
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \
    Roland, Feb 12, 2005

    John Cheever Guest

    Roland wrote:

    > See <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder>

    Thunderbird wasn't in that folder. However Firefox and Firebird were.
    Still, I did as instructed and it worked.
    Thanks to all.
    --
    John Cheever
    http://upsd.co.uk
    John Cheever, Feb 12, 2005
  6. John Cheever wrote:
    > Roland wrote:
    >
    >> See <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder>

    > Thunderbird wasn't in that folder. However Firefox and Firebird were.
    > Still, I did as instructed and it worked.
    > Thanks to all.

    Thunderbird profiles live in their own folder in Application Data,
    rather then as a subfolder in the Mozilla folder.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 12, 2005