    a computer science background (have BS in Business Mgmt)
    after recently being laid off, am considering going for
    the MCAD certification, would I in over my head?
    Leslie Joyce, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Leslie Joyce

    Paul Robson Guest

    Leslie Joyce wrote:
    > Hi, I was doing software testing, although I do not have
    > a computer science background (have BS in Business Mgmt)
    > after recently being laid off, am considering going for
    > the MCAD certification, would I in over my head?

    Not necessarily.

    If you haven't really coded before buy an intro book
    with a demo version of Visual Studio.NET - (I think MS do some
    combo backs with a fully working C# or VB version ?) &
    see how you get on with it. Maybe have a look at Kalani's
    books to see the sort of stuff involved ?
    Paul Robson, Aug 5, 2004

  3. Leslie Joyce

    Guest Guest

    I have heared about Kalani's book. Please give more
    details as teh book name and full name of the author.

    thanks

    Guest, Aug 5, 2004
  4. Leslie Joyce

    Guest Guest

    I have heared about Kalani's book. Please give more
    details as teh book name and full name of the author and
    teh book for 70-306.

    thanks

    Guest, Aug 5, 2004
  5. Leslie Joyce

    Paul Robson Guest

    wrote:

    > I have heared about Kalani's book. Please give more
    > details as teh book name and full name of the author.

    His name is Amit Kalani

    MCAD/MCSD Developing and Implementing Web Application with
    Visual C# and Visual Studio .Net

    I know there's a WebServices book as well. Don't know about VB.
    Paul Robson, Aug 6, 2004
  6. Leslie Joyce

    Eric Guest

    <> wrote:

    > I have heared about Kalani's book. Please give more
    > details as teh book name and full name of the author and
    > teh book for 70-306.

    Amit Kalani writes C# books, but Mike Gunderloy has published the same
    books using VB.NET.

    Go to amazon.com and do an author search for Gunderloy.

    Eric
    Eric, Aug 9, 2004