    first. Is passing 305 a good pre-requisite for passing 310? I would think
    so. Any comments or advice on this? Thanks.

    Rick

    Rick, Sep 19, 2004

  2. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Hi,

    I forgot to mention that I'm almost ready to take the 306 exam so I don't
    want to start with 305.

    Rick

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > My plan to get a MCSD.net is to pass the exams in this order: 306, 305,

    310,
    > 229, 300. However I could get my MCAD.net early if I do them 306, 310,

    229,

    Rick, Sep 19, 2004

  3. If you do in this order, you will also have the MCAD.NET.

    I did 70-315, 70-320 and 70-316

    Regards

    Cédric

    Cédric BONNOT, Sep 19, 2004
  4. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Hi,

    I have it figured out now. I thought that the elective for MCAD had to be
    something like 70-229. I didn't know I could use 70-305 as my elective. It
    works differently for MCSD.

    Rick

    Rick, Sep 20, 2004
  5. Rick

    valko Guest

    Hi Rick,

    I passed them already this month in that order: 305, 306,310 :))

    and yes to get 305 before 310 is a very good idea, because they overlap in
    many areas very much and also on 310 exam there was few questions from 305
    area.

    par example I remember 2 questions from my yesterday 310, they give you code
    with 4 connection strings and ask you how many pools you will have (answer
    was 3 because 2 strings was the same) - you get 1 pool for every UNIQUE
    connection string , and it was absolutely the same question on my 306 exam,
    for ref. see:
    see
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...nectionpoolingforsqlservernetdataprovider.asp

    second question was about Min Pool Size - you must to remember that it is
    set up in connection string and there was same question in 305 too. see
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ntsqlconnectionclassconnectionstringtopic.asp

    if you look carefully in last link you will see "If you do not specify a
    network and you use a local server (for example, "." or "(local)"), shared
    memory is used." - I do not see question about this, but that details
    actually do MSDN THE BEST source for learning - I do not beleive you met in
    any book preparing you for exam such details.

    good luck
    Valko

    valko, Sep 21, 2004
  6. >MSDN THE BEST source for learning

    you are correct sir.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 21, 2004
  7. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Valko and all,

    Thanks for your responses.