    scratch. I use win 7 mostly and find it to be a major pain to shut down and
    restart so I can then boot into Vista just to play a quick game. Help would
    as always be appreciated..

    Drew, Nov 28, 2009

  2. Games and other programs have to be installed and activated on the
    system they are used.

    The shortcut in Windows 7 which you have copied from Vista may refer to
    the drive on which a game's executable programs are stored but there
    will be no registry entries in Windows 7 to tell 7 how to run it until
    it is installed on Windows 7.

    If the game settings and history are on the separate drive, be careful
    that they are not overwritten when you re-install the game to run under
    Windows 7.

    The product keys you already have should allow you to install the games
    on Windows 7.

    Dominic Payer, Nov 28, 2009

  3. Stupid question but did you actually install the games on Windows 7? Or
    did you just install them on Vista?

    John

    John John - MVP, Nov 28, 2009
  4. To circumvent your situation would involve violating the EULA of the
    game and the DMA. You cannot legally do it.

    You might be able to uninstall it from Vista and then install it in Win
    7. Most programs have the capability to verify the uninstallation and
    then allow to install it in a new environment.

    That's one of the security features to prevent piracy. The game takes
    and inventory of the environment it's installed in so when something
    changes it needs to be re-activated.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 28, 2009
  5. Drew

    Drew Guest

    installed on vista 3 years ago or so..

    Drew, Nov 28, 2009
  6. Like the others said, if you want to run the games on Windows 7 you have
    to install them there also. For all intents and purposes a multiboot
    computer is like 2 computers in one box. The scenario that you present
    is not much more different than having a 2 completely separate computers
    connected together on a network and then wondering why computer #1 in
    your den can't run the programs installed one computer #2 in the kids' room.

    John

    John John - MVP, Nov 28, 2009
  7. Drew

    Drew Guest

    Kind of thought so but thought I would ask.. Thanks for your help

    Drew, Nov 28, 2009
  8. You're welcome. And sorry for the typos in my previous reply...

    John

    John John - MVP, Nov 28, 2009
  9. Drew

    Drew Guest

    Thanks as always for your response Bobby !

    Drew, Nov 28, 2009
  10. You are eminently welcome!

    Thanks for letting me know you enjoy my responses!

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 28, 2009