Question re: XpPro-64bit to Win7

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by RoseW, May 20, 2009.

  1. RoseW

    RoseW Guest

    I tried the download 'advisory' without reading extremely carefully. The
    advisory doesn't apply to the 64bit OS.
    Since many here are posting that Win7 is being 'tested out' on their 64 bit
    system I'm assuming that XpPro was in place previously or alongside.

    I got a new computer in the past 6 months and went with the 64bit for access
    to more ram on board and in the back crevices of my brain thought it would
    be appropriate for a Windows7 environment.
    Everything runs well at the moment although occassionally when there are
    updates e.g. Adobe Reader and sometimes a MSupdate there will be a BSOD-
    restart and whatever was a blip works itself out. The recent Adobe reader
    took 4 or 5 restarts before regular operation-no error in the Management
    list. It was a font control dll that wasn't loading. Its used mainly for
    digital imaging processing.(Adobe Lightroom 64 bit and other image software)

    Is there a check list for software, hardware for the 64 bit as in the
    advisory for regular Xp? My other machine XpHome 32bit was acceptable
    except for Nero 7 , Acronis True Image would need to be uninstalled and not
    usable on Windows7. Nero might experience minor issues. Canon Ip4000 printer
    will require Windows update to make this device compatible as well The
    Realteck AC97 Audio.

    I would like to know ahead what devices and programs might as well be
    uninstalled and find alternates for the Xppro 64bit. Perhaps Microsoft has
    published a list that I haven't found?
    Rose
    --
    http://rwgallery.gogax.com

    RoseW, May 20, 2009

  2. RoseW

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Don't know of a consolidated list you are looking for, but you might be able
    to do your homework by browsint these two places:
    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?autocom=portal
    and
    http://www.start64.com
    Carlos