    the cd? I would think that office 2000 would work with winXP. Thanks
    for any help you can offer.

    Chris
    quiet_table, Jan 17, 2004

  2. quiet_table

    Wizard Guest

    The problem is not with Office 2000

    Wizard, Jan 17, 2004

  3. quiet_table

    Thor Guest

    I'd say something is probably wrong with the CD. Win2K works fine on XP.

    Thor, Jan 18, 2004
  4. quiet_table

    Thor Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > I'd say something is probably wrong with the CD. Win2K works fine on XP.

    Of course, that should have read, "Office2K works fine with XP". :)
    Thor, Jan 18, 2004
  5. quiet_table

    quiet_table Guest

    On 18 Jan 2004 08:00:35 -0600, "Thor" <> wrote:

    >"Thor" <> wrote in message
    >> I'd say something is probably wrong with the CD. Win2K works fine on XP.

    >Of course, that should have read, "Office2K works fine with XP". :)

    Yes, it appears to be the cd-rom, as I've installed other software
    (printer, web cam) on the computer via cd without any problems. The
    office 2K cd is quite scratched (it belongs to a friend of mine), so
    maybe I'll have to get hime to burn me a "fresh" copy that'll read in
    this rig. Thanks for the advice - glad to know that office 2K will
    work on win XP (glad I don't have to shell out for office 2K3).

    Chris
    quiet_table, Jan 18, 2004