    page I got the info from:
    "http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/help/default.asp?url=/windows2000/en/server/help/sag_SEconceptsImpEncrypt.htm"

    Peter

    pez, Jan 16, 2006

  2. pez

    Steve Wicker Guest

    Nothing is conflicting here. If a folder is encrypted, all files in that
    folder at that time are encrypted. If you then subsequently copy or move a
    file, it will take on the appropriate properties; read copying and moving
    files. Easy :0)

    Steve Wicker, Jan 16, 2006

  3. pez

    pez Guest

    Thanks for the input. But if I move an unencrypted file into an
    encrypted folder it encrypts the file. According to the documentation
    this file should remain unencrypted. Has this featured changed with
    Xp? I am at work while I am doing this testing. I just assumed 2000
    and Xp would behave the same in regards to this. Sorry if I am wasting
    your time.

    pez, Jan 17, 2006
  4. pez

    beb Guest