    least a couple years, without probs, and if so, what labels?

    tia

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Jul 13, 2006

  2. Jimmy Dean

    Margolotta Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:29:08 +0100, Jimmy Dean wrote
    (in article <>):

    > I have used Stomper CD labels for years without problems - until I
    > tried using them with a colour laser printer.
    >
    > With an inkjet printer, there were no problems, but the heat that the
    > laser printer applies as it fuses toner to paper seems to weaken the
    > adhesive and make the labels prone to lifting.
    >
    > Has anyone been using other types of labels with laser printers for at
    > least a couple years, without probs, and if so, what labels?
    >
    > tia
    >
    > jd

    My advice would be NOT to use labels on CDs AT ALL. It's not so bad if one
    comes off and buggers up your computer's optical drive as you can obtain a
    replacement for less than £30 these days, but hi-fis are not so cheap to
    replace (and the manufacturer's warranty won't cover damage you've caused
    yourself). You have three other options You can (from the least expensive): -

    Purchase a permanent marker and write on the CDs.

    Purchase a LightScribe drive (roughly £40) and use LightScribe discs (roughly
    £5 for a pack of 10).

    Purchase an inkjet that can print directly on CDs (from about £50) and use
    inkjet printable discs.

    I, personally, favour the first option, though I only mark the hub. Mark
    anywhere else and you're in danger of damaging the protective layer.

    Margolotta, Jul 13, 2006