    this stipulation or must I buy X P p r o ?

    Thanks

    DE

    DoubleEntendre, Mar 2, 2006

  2. DoubleEntendre

    Margolotta Guest

    On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 00:49:35 +0000, DoubleEntendre wrote
    (in article <>):

    > Yes, I am Hardheaded! Most sites say (including MS) it can "kind of sign up"
    > with a domain, but NOT join & participate with it. Anyone have luck beating
    > this stipulation or must I buy X P p r o ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > DE

    You must buy XP Pro. MCE cannot join a domain and there is no way round it.
    The first incarnation could, then the second appears to be based on XP Home
    and it cannot.

    Margolotta, Mar 2, 2006

  3. > The first incarnation could, then the second appears to be based on XP
    > and it cannot.

    Very interesting, did the "First Incarnation (great description)" have a
    version # or something to tell it from the other?

    Thanks

    DoubleEntendre, Mar 2, 2006
  4. DoubleEntendre

    Margolotta Guest

    On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 23:29:27 +0000, DoubleEntendre wrote
    (in article <>):

    >> The first incarnation could, then the second appears to be based on XP

    >> and it cannot.

    > Very interesting, did the "First Incarnation (great description)" have a
    > version # or something to tell it from the other?
    >
    > Thanks

    First a point of order: - will you please join the ranks of the sensible and
    bottom post? Top posting is like reading the end of a book before the
    beginning or answering a question before it's asked. It's completely
    illogical and disrupts the flow of a thread. Oh and when you do, please snip
    the extraneous bits.

    In answer to your question, the current version os 2005, the first was, er,
    guess what...? ;o)

    Margolotta, Mar 3, 2006

  5. > First a point of order: - will you please join the ranks of the sensible

    and
    > bottom post? Top posting is like reading the end of a book before the
    > beginning or answering a question before it's asked. It's completely
    > illogical and disrupts the flow of a thread. Oh and when you do, please

    snip
    > the extraneous bits.

    Excuse me!

    I read your reply & selected "reply to group", what should I have done?

    DE

    DoubleEntendre, Mar 3, 2006