    should wait for ADSL2.

    Any Help would be greatly Appreciated

    Krazy Bob
    Krazy Bob, Apr 17, 2005

  2. Krazy Bob

    SNOman Guest

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > I have a friend who is with Quick Silver 256K plan 4GB international and
    > unlimited National Data.
    >
    > The problem he is having is High Pings around the 500's in Aus Servers and
    > 100-200 on NZ Servers. He is wanting to know if upgrading to 1MB which would
    > only be another $5 a month on his bill reduce the Ping times or not?
    >
    > He spoke to a Techie at Quick Silver and he didn't no much and said he
    > should wait for ADSL2.
    >
    > Any Help would be greatly Appreciated
    >
    > Krazy Bob

    Do a trace route to see where the problem lies and how the traffic is
    being routed. For instance the traffic could be going through the US to
    get to OZ
    SNOman, Apr 17, 2005

  3. Krazy Bob wrote:
    > The problem he is having is High Pings around the 500's in Aus Servers and
    > 100-200 on NZ Servers. He is wanting to know if upgrading to 1MB which would
    > only be another $5 a month on his bill reduce the Ping times or not?

    No. If the only change is an upgrade in the max. bandwidth, then it will
    do nothing for your ping times.

    CHeers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Apr 18, 2005
  4. Krazy Bob

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "SNOman" <> wrote in message
    > Krazy Bob wrote:
    >> I have a friend who is with Quick Silver 256K plan 4GB international and
    >> unlimited National Data.
    >>
    >> The problem he is having is High Pings around the 500's in Aus Servers
    >> and 100-200 on NZ Servers. He is wanting to know if upgrading to 1MB
    >> which would only be another $5 a month on his bill reduce the Ping times
    >> or not?
    >>
    >> He spoke to a Techie at Quick Silver and he didn't no much and said he
    >> should wait for ADSL2.
    >>
    >> Any Help would be greatly Appreciated
    >>
    >> Krazy Bob

    > Do a trace route to see where the problem lies and how the traffic is
    > being routed. For instance the traffic could be going through the US to
    > get to OZ

    How would i get my friend to perform a trace route??
    I use a programe called visual route (personally) but he's in Nelson so its
    hard for me to perform one on his comp.

    Cheers
    KB
    Krazy Bob, Apr 18, 2005
  5. Krazy Bob

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Dave Taylor, Apr 18, 2005
  6. Krazy Bob

    phstpok Guest

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > "SNOman" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Krazy Bob wrote:
    >>

    > How would i get my friend to perform a trace route??
    > I use a programe called visual route (personally) but he's in Nelson so its
    > hard for me to perform one on his comp.
    >
    > Cheers
    > KB

    start > run > cmd