    --
    Kyle :eek:)

    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"
    Kyle :o\), Oct 2, 2007

  2. Kyle :o\)

    Art Guest

    Kyle:

    I used to use their program, many years ago. Must have been for Windows 95
    or 98. Worked fine, many very creative and attractive shells available,
    many were awful.

    Takes a little of your computer's horsepower and boot up time. Back then it
    didn't seem to matter, but my XP machines now are slow enough already, so
    I've never tried the newer versions of Stardock.

    There never was any spyware, and I've never heard of any coming from them.

    Art, Oct 2, 2007

  3. Kyle :o\)

    Guest

    "Kyle :eek:\)" <> wrote:

    >I got an invite from NHL.com to check out this website called Stardock, a
    >company that makes transformative software for your Windows XP and Vista
    >systems. From what I can gather it completely transforms your desktop
    >wallpaper, icons, and the entire look of Windows, including Media Player and
    >adding an AccuWeather program. Of course I'm concerned about spyware

    Like any other site you have to trust the EULA and Privacy Statement
    http://www.stardock.com/products/mycolors/nhl/view.asp?p=_privacy
    this reads pretty good, they keep your info from third parties and no
    spyware is loaded. - but I've never seen this before:
    Generated by Privacy Wizard (bottom of the page)
    and the link http://privacy.linkexchange.com/ is in my HOSTS file

    127.0.0.1 fastcounter.linkexchange.com
    127.0.0.1 fastcounter.linkexchange.net
    127.0.0.1 fastcounter.linkexchange.nl