Question on Photo Challenge

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dave, Sep 26, 2004.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Greetings!
    Please take a look at this picture and tell me what I can do about these
    conditions.
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/192000240/192001031TqRQnu
    What should I do to keep the light "bounce" that occurred in the bottom part
    of this picture?
    Also, what should I do to stop the "halo" around the sun's reflection near
    the top of the picture?

    Here is the data on the shot.
    1984x1488
    Camera:
    Olympus D550Z
    Exposure:
    10/5000 sec.
    F number:
    F7.0
    ISO:
    60
    Focal Length:
    65mm
    (Digital Zoom: 1.0)
    Flash:
    Off
    Macro:
    Off
    Maximum Lens Aperture:
    3.60
    Lens focal length:
    10.50mm
    Color space information:
    sRGB

    Any / all suggestions appreciated!

    TIA!

    -- Dave

    Dave, Sep 26, 2004

  2. Dave

    Charles Guest

    On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 23:51:40 -0700, "Dave" <> wrote:

    >Greetings!
    >Please take a look at this picture and tell me what I can do about these
    >conditions.
    >http://community.webshots.com/photo/192000240/192001031TqRQnu
    >What should I do to keep the light "bounce" that occurred in the bottom part
    >of this picture?
    >Also, what should I do to stop the "halo" around the sun's reflection near
    >the top of the picture?
    >
    >Here is the data on the shot.
    >1984x1488
    >Camera:
    > Olympus D550Z
    >Exposure:
    > 10/5000 sec.
    >F number:
    > F7.0
    >ISO:
    > 60
    >Focal Length:
    > 65mm
    > (Digital Zoom: 1.0)
    >Flash:
    > Off
    >Macro:
    > Off
    >Maximum Lens Aperture:
    > 3.60
    >Lens focal length:
    > 10.50mm
    >Color space information:
    > sRGB
    >

    >Any / all suggestions appreciated!
    >
    >TIA!
    >
    >-- Dave

    I'm probably the least qualified person here, but keep the reflections
    centered, not offset. they look better that way.

    --

    - Charles
    -

    Charles, Sep 26, 2004

  3. Dave

    Mark M Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > Greetings!
    > Please take a look at this picture and tell me what I can do about these
    > conditions.
    > http://community.webshots.com/photo/192000240/192001031TqRQnu
    > What should I do to keep the light "bounce" that occurred in the bottom

    part
    > of this picture?
    > Also, what should I do to stop the "halo" around the sun's reflection near
    > the top of the picture?

    Use a lens hood, or your hand...to block the direct sunlihgt from falling
    against your lens at the angle it did.

    (In other words...create a little shadow on your lens with something).

    Mark M, Sep 26, 2004
  4. Dave

    Jimmy G Guest

    A normal problem when shooting straight at the sun.

    Shoot at more if an angle when possible.

    Lense hood as previously suggested.

    Possibly try a polarizing filter.

    A high-quality multi-coated UV filter might help a bit as well.

    Jimmy G, Sep 26, 2004
  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > Greetings!
    > Please take a look at this picture and tell me what I can do about these
    > conditions.
    > http://community.webshots.com/photo/192000240/192001031TqRQnu
    > What should I do to keep the light "bounce" that occurred in the bottom

    part
    > of this picture?
    > Also, what should I do to stop the "halo" around the sun's reflection near
    > the top of the picture?
    >
    > Here is the data on the shot.
    > 1984x1488
    > Camera:
    > Olympus D550Z
    > Exposure:
    > 10/5000 sec.
    > F number:
    > F7.0
    > ISO:
    > 60
    > Focal Length:
    > 65mm
    > (Digital Zoom: 1.0)
    > Flash:
    > Off
    > Macro:
    > Off
    > Maximum Lens Aperture:
    > 3.60
    > Lens focal length:
    > 10.50mm
    > Color space information:
    > sRGB
    >

    > Any / all suggestions appreciated!
    >
    > TIA!
    >
    > -- Dave

    Mark M. & Jimmy G.,
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    I will shade the camera and check the results.
    I appreciate your suggestions about the UV and polarizing filters, though I
    would also appreciate advice on how to attach them. My Olympus has optical
    zoom and I can see no way to attach a filter. I will also check the Olympus
    Web site.

    TIA!

    -- Dave

    Dave, Sep 26, 2004