    removable by the user?

    Any information would be appreciated.

    Steve
    Steve Byers, Aug 20, 2004

  2. "Steve Byers" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am sure this is a "stupid question", but how does the recently
    > announced "one time use" digital camera with a picture preview

    feature
    > work? I saw a news report that says that there is no media card.

    Does
    > it store the images on a chip inside the camera but that is not
    > removable by the user?
    >
    > Any information would be appreciated.

    It is unlikely that anything could be removed by a user but a chip is
    quite possible since the number of pictures is given as 25. The camera
    is stated as costing USD20 but I don't know if that includes the cost
    of the prints.

    --
    James V. Silverton
    Potomac, Maryland, USA
    James Silverton, Aug 20, 2004

  3. http://www.jeffraysbrain.com/DigitalCamHack.htm
    http://www.cexx.org/dakota/ (very slow)
    http://www.g4techtv.com/freshgear/features/381/Hack_a_Disposable_Digital_Camera.html
    the camera has memory of limited capacity soldered on to the main board. it
    can be reused (images copied out of the unit to free up memory) with the use
    of a modified palm cable and software that is available.

    Christopher Muto, Aug 20, 2004