    Comments.....LOL......other then "Get a Life"...

    Thanks as always,

    Joe
    Joe Peach, Aug 3, 2003

  2. Joe Peach

    Boomer Guest

    Joe Peach said:

    > I sometimes use this group as a catch-all, only because I prefer the
    > comments & answers here.
    >
    > What are your thoughts on a good or great newsgroup "Dedicated"
    > reader....
    >
    > I am very timid to change from my "security blanket" Outlook
    > Express!
    >
    > However, I am ready to embrace a "Better" way of managing &
    > observing my newsgroups (I subscribe to about 40, read 15 at least
    > every day)!
    >
    > Comments.....LOL......other then "Get a Life"...
    >
    > Thanks as always,
    >
    > Joe

    Hi

    Here's my favorite. Xnews

    http://xnews.newsguy.com/

    Great information at:
    http://www.geocities.com/d4vidb/
    http://www.seegras.de/xnews
    http://www.slyck.com/xnews.html
    http://abmefaq.net/XNews_Primer.html
    http://xnews.newsguy.com/sizer/index.html
    And at news.software.readers
    Boomer, Aug 3, 2003

  3. Joe Peach

    °Mike° Guest

    Agent and Xnews are probably the two most popular alternative
    clients for Windows.

    Agent is *the* best offline reader. The free version has less features.
    http://www.forteinc.com/

    Xnews (free)
    http://xnews.newsguy.com/

    On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 21:28:47 -0400, in
    <3f2b13b8_2@newsfeed>
    Joe Peach scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 3, 2003
  4. Joe Peach

    Jim PKP Guest

    In article <3f2b13b8_2@newsfeed>, says...
    > I sometimes use this group as a catch-all, only because I prefer the
    > comments & answers here.
    >
    > What are your thoughts on a good or great newsgroup "Dedicated" reader....
    >
    > I am very timid to change from my "security blanket" Outlook Express!
    >
    > However, I am ready to embrace a "Better" way of managing & observing my
    > newsgroups (I subscribe to about 40, read 15 at least every day)!

    I like Gravity: http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tbates/gravity/
    Small and simple to use.

    --
    | |
    <insert humourous quote here>
    Jim PKP, Aug 3, 2003
  5. Joe Peach wrote:

    > I sometimes use this group as a catch-all, only because I prefer the
    > comments & answers here.
    >
    > What are your thoughts on a good or great newsgroup "Dedicated" reader....
    >
    > I am very timid to change from my "security blanket" Outlook Express!
    >
    > However, I am ready to embrace a "Better" way of managing & observing my
    > newsgroups (I subscribe to about 40, read 15 at least every day)!
    >
    > Comments.....LOL......other then "Get a Life"...
    >
    > Thanks as always,
    >
    > Joe

    XNews for binaries, I like Mozilla for text groups, but that is just
    personal preference.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 3, 2003
  6. Joe Peach

    jtw Guest