    Can this be done from a floppy? i.e., non-invasively? I would rather not
    make too many changes to the MBR since I plan on moving disks around in the
    future.
    pgluth1, Jan 21, 2006

  2. pgluth1

    Adam Leinss Guest

    pgluth1 <> wrote in
    news:Xns97528ECFDE6B0pgluth1@208.49.80.188:

    > Any way to choose which HD / OS to boot into from a floppy? Most
    > "boot disks" assume that the OS is somehow broken and that files
    > are missing. All the disks are set up "cable select" and right
    > now, the only way I know how to change the boot order is by taking
    > the cover off and moving the cables / jumpers around.

    Try the Smart Boot Manager (Freeware):

    http://btmgr.webframe.org/

    Adam
    --
    Visit my PC Tech blog at www.leinss.com/blog
    Adam Leinss, Jan 24, 2006

  3. pgluth1

    pgluth1 Guest

    Re: multi-HD boot disks: THANKS! That did the trick

    Excellent little program. Makes me nostalgic for the old DOS days. You can
    configure a floppy to boot different OSs on different HDs any way you want
    to. Give me some more time I will get it to recognize my Linux partitions.

    Thanks again for the suggestion - that was just what I was looking for.
    pgluth1, Jan 24, 2006
  4. pgluth1

    SBFan2000 Guest

    "Adam Leinss" <> wrote in message
    > pgluth1 <> wrote in
    >
    > > Any way to choose which HD / OS to boot into from a floppy? Most
    > > "boot disks" assume that the OS is somehow broken and that files
    > > are missing. All the disks are set up "cable select" and right
    > > now, the only way I know how to change the boot order is by taking
    > > the cover off and moving the cables / jumpers around.

    > Try the Smart Boot Manager (Freeware):

    There is also hardware availble to do this! One fits into a 3.5 bay and the
    other (Trios) fits into a 5.25 bay. I have one of each and they both work
    although the trios works best.
    SBFan2000, Jan 24, 2006