    Thanks for your help.

    Billy
    ..

    Bay, Aug 16, 2003

  2. Bay

    licknlabia Guest

    There is no reason for you to do this.

    You can set XP, actually it does it by default where it will cache the
    credentials of the last user that logged in successfully. By using the
    Local Security MMC you can set it to remember the n number of logins as
    well.

    So you can login to the domain, go home and log back in with your domain
    account as the user/pass will be remembered.

    You should keep the second account in case for some reason you get locked
    out.

    - rg
    "Bay" <> wrote in message
    Hi, I have just installed the Windows XP Pro in my
    laptop. My laptop will join the domain in office. I have
    1 domain user account and 1 local user account setup for
    the laptop. How can I use the same user profile for
    these 2 accounts? I don't want to copy my profile from
    the domain account to the local user account since the
    bookmarks and stuff under "My Documents" change
    frequently. I just want to able to update and use my
    bookmarks no matter I login as a domain user or local
    user. Is that possible?

    Thanks for your help.

    Billy
    ..

    licknlabia, Aug 16, 2003

  3. Bay

    Marko Guest

    The lnl response is completely right.

    However, you can also make the laptop a workgroup
    computer, sharing the same workgroup name as your
    domain. Log into the laptop using a username and
    password that exactly matches the domain username and
    password. You will have access to all domain resources
    that you would have had without having to log into the
    domain and getting the "Using a local cache..." message.

    Drawbacks: Limitations of Workstation software means you
    can only provide up to 10 concurrent connections to your
    machine for domain users. Not normally a problem in this
    situation. The limitation was provided by microsoft to
    stop people buying the WS software instead of server OS
    for small networks.

    Also, the profile is stored on your workstation and not
    replicated by roaming profiles or folder redirection and
    stored in duplicate on the server. You can get around
    this by mapping profiles to a network drive, and making
    that drive available using offline folders.

    Marko, Aug 16, 2003