    which won't activate.?
    I appreciate any help as soon as possible before I order it.

    Thanks for your help in this matter.
    Lakebunny, Aug 16, 2007

  2. Lakebunny

    Brian Guest

    If you buy the OEM version of XP it will install on any computer (assuming
    it meets min requirements) The problem is when you change hardware it may
    ask you to contact Microsoft and they will give you an activation code as
    long as it is installed on the same computer. I've done this several times
    on various computers with no problem, even if I had to contact Microsoft
    Brian, Aug 22, 2007

  3. Lakebunny

    Lakebunny Guest

    thanks for replying but we installed it yesterday and come to find out the
    disk drive is corrupted. she is going to have to have a teck replace her
    disk drive. but thanks for your help.
    have a great day.

    Lakebunny, Aug 22, 2007
  4. Lakebunny

    Brian Guest

    you're welcome, I would still go with the OEM though
    Brian, Aug 25, 2007