    Hub and use to setup a SIP address at my own domain for receipt of SIP
    calls and/or E.164 calls?

    Many thanks

    Anonymous, Sep 12, 2007

  2. Anonymous

    Tim Guest

    Anonymous wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Anyone advise, please, the type of VoIP hardware required (ATA or desk
    > phone - Grandstream and/or Cisco, etc), which I can plug into my BTBB
    > Hub and use to setup a SIP address at my own domain for receipt of SIP
    > calls and/or E.164 calls?

    You need to run a SIP Registrar server for your domain.

    There are several options available - SER, asterisk, SIPx (from sip
    foundary), pbxnsip (commercial)

    Basically you install the software on a server with a fixed IP, set it
    up, point the DNS records for the domain to the server's IP. Away you go.

    If you want to do it for just one phone, you could just put the phone on
    a public IP and have people directly call the phone. This isn't 100%
    ideal, but will work.

    Tim

    Tim, Sep 12, 2007

  3. Anonymous

    davidlear Guest

    davidlear, Nov 12, 2007
  4. Anonymous

    alexd Guest

    davidlear wrote:

    > its all very well registering landline number to a sipgate or fwd
    > number via e164.org, but how does one register to other servers such as
    > 'PBXware' (http://uk44.telenosis.co.uk) or 'PBXware'
    > (http://blarneyphone.com) ? I just can't see how to do that !

    Alas those links you've provider offer absolutely no clue whatsoever as to
    what those things are. If you supply a little more information, you may get
    some useful responses.

    > Any one can shed light on that ?

    Have you read https://www.e164.org/wiki/NumberVerification? Are 'telenosis'
    and 'blarneyphone' compatible with SIP? You might have to ask them the
    answer to that. Once you confirm that they're SIP capable, and willing to
    accept SIP calls from outside of their network, follow the number
    verification procedure and you should be sorted.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    15:11:01 up 2 days, 3:48, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.03, 0.04

    alexd, Nov 13, 2007
  5. Anonymous

    Paul Hayes Guest

    davidlear wrote:
    > its all very well registering landline number to a sipgate or fwd
    > number via e164.org, but how does one register to other servers such as
    > 'PBXware' (http://uk44.telenosis.co.uk) or 'PBXware'
    > (http://blarneyphone.com) ? I just can't see how to do that !
    >
    > Any one can shed light on that ?

    > View this thread: http://www.wirelessforums.org/showthread.php?t=28856
    > http://www.wirelessforums.org

    Are you trying to ask how to add an ENUM entry for a number on a VoIP
    PBX (i.e. Bicom PBXware)?

    It's no different to with Sipgate or anywhere else, Sipgate et al are
    just hosted PBX systems. Any SIP device has a SIP URI. If your PBXware
    PBX is on an IP address 123.123.123.123 and you have an account on there
    called "paul", then the URI (and also the ENUM entry) would be
    paul@123.123.123.123. To make it more elegant, add a DNS SRV entry for
    123.123.123.123 to map to "mydomain.com" or whatever, for a domain you
    own.

    cheers,
    Paul.

    --
    Working Email:

    paul-at-polog40-dot-co-dot-uk

    Paul Hayes, Nov 13, 2007
  6. Anonymous

    David Lear Guest

    What I mean to say is that registering a number as an enum record is OK for
    fwd and sipgate etc but my own servers name seems to be ignored as a valid
    server, definetly you should be able to dial I am
    asking as to how e164.org validates a server, I wish mine to be registered.
    Yes it is a sip server and asterisk based. And of curse thanks to al
    suggestions so far

    url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/141710781.aspx

    David Lear, Jan 15, 2008