    something appreciably higher was just around the corner. So, does
    anyone know how close 2600s or something larger are (or if they are
    here already and just not on adorama or b&h's website)? Thanks

    eb, May 2, 2004

  2. eb

    Marli Guest

    It is debatable that the 2400 or 2600 will actually give you any more life.
    Test have shown that they never live up to there rating....

    Marli, May 2, 2004

  3. eb

    Charlie Self Guest

    esb100 asks:

    >I have some 2000s and was going to upgrade to 2400s. It then occurred
    >to me that I would regret buying 2400s tomorrow if I then heard that
    >something appreciably higher was just around the corner. So, does
    >anyone know how close 2600s or something larger are (or if they are
    >here already and just not on adorama or b&h's website)?

    I know one company is developing 2500s. But so what? Does that mean the 2400s
    you buy today will stop working the day the next step up comes out?

    Charlie Self
    "Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich." Napoleon Bonaparte

    Charlie Self, May 2, 2004
  4. eb

    Banjopikr1 Guest

    >Question on Capacity of AA Nickel-Metal Rechargeables

    I have a Digipower DPS-8000 power pack. Rated at 6v., 2700mah. Made from 5 AA
    size NIMH batteries. Its at least 2 years old. So the hi capacity batteries
    have been around for a while.

    Banjopikr1, May 2, 2004
  5. eb

    Guest

    A friend has an 8-pack of Energizer AA NiMh batteries that are labelled
    2400 mAh.

    The package is marked NH15BP-8, UPN-101816 and 2400 mAh.

    I highest mAh rated Energizer AA NiMh batteries that I have been able to
    find are labelled 2100 mAh.

    However, the package has the same product number as the one labelled
    2400 mAh.

    From the best that I have been able to find out, they are the same
    batteries, but have just been rated lower.

    Does anyone have the true story on these?

    E-mail welcome.

    , May 2, 2004
  6. eb

    Dave Cohen Guest

    It's easier to just carry spares and stay with whatever is available.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, May 3, 2004