Question on books for 70-229

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by KH, Oct 10, 2006.

  1. KH

    KH Guest

    Hi all,

    I am going to take the exam 70-229. I have red all the posts here related to
    70-229, some of you recommended the book from Que publisher. I found two of
    them are for the exam 70-229. I don't know which one is better.

    One of the book is:
    MCAD/MCSE/MCDBA 70-229 Exam Cram 2: Designing & Implementing Databases w/SQL
    Server 2000 Enterprise Edition (Exam Cram 2);ISBN: 0789731061; Published: Jun
    1, 2005;

    The other one is:
    MCDBA, MCSE, MCSD, MCAD Training Guide (70-229): SQL Server 2000 Database
    Design and Implementation;ISBN: 0789729970;Published:March 2003

    Looks like the first one is newer and the most updated. Any of you guys have
    used any of them.

    I am .net programmer and already passed the 70-315. I have some experience
    in SQL2000 by writing sql and strored procedures in my work.

    Please give me some suggestion. Thank you very much.

    KH
    KH, Oct 10, 2006

  2. KH

    Roel Guest

    Hi KH,

    I've used the first one and I liked it but the example exam questions in the
    book are not very respresentable for those on the actual exam (the ones on
    the exam are harded).

    In my opinion, you do need hands-on-experience if you want to pass 70-229.
    So get to know all the tools; especially Query Analyzer en SQL Profiler.

    Good luck on your exam!

    Greetings,
    Roel

    Roel, Oct 10, 2006