    There's another wing in this same building that's like that, and I'm
    thinking it might not be as easy to fix. There's 4 APs in a relatively
    close area. Two are on channel 1, one on 6, and one on 11.
    pfisterfarm, Mar 26, 2010

  2. pfisterfarm

    bod43 Guest

    On 26 Mar, 19:42, Aaron Leonard <> wrote:
    > ~ I've got a remote site that has a total of 25 1131 access points

    > Now get a known good client device (like a laptop) and have it run
    > a continuous ping and verify that it can move around everywhere
    > and have good connectivity.  (If not, figure out why not.)

    Maybe it's worth mentioning that the Windows ping utility
    can not do a suitable ping. Well, not unless you have a
    lot of time to wait for a diagnosotic number of packets
    to be sent:), say an hour or two per sample point.

    I use fping.exe from
    http://www.kwakkelflap.com/downloads.html
    (it's in the drop down list box)
    which can do a "cisco style" continuous ping.
    If you get 100's of packets per second then
    the the network is working very nicely indeed
    and you don't have to delay further:) I forget
    typical values since it's been a while.

    I think that the current linux ping does support
    a "flood" ping but I don't have one handy to check.

    I also like to use decent sized packets for wireless
    surveys, 1400 bytes or so since this stresses the
    network further.
    bod43, Mar 27, 2010

  3. pfisterfarm

    alexd Guest

    On 27/03/10 10:20, bod43 wrote:

    > I think that the current linux ping does support
    > a "flood" ping but I don't have one handy to check.

    ping -f [flood ping, root only.]
    ping -A ['Cisco style', send next ping as soon as response is received.]

    Minimum interval in all cases is 200ms for non-root users.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    15:34:23 up 51 days, 18:54, 3 users, load average: 0.03, 0.29, 0.48
    alexd, Mar 27, 2010
  4. pfisterfarm

    pfisterfarm Guest

    On Mar 26, 3:42 pm, Aaron Leonard <> wrote:
    > Then look at co-channel interference, noise, etc.  Make sure that
    > things look pretty solid.

    Thanks everyone for the information and links... I have one more
    question: How do I look at the co-channel interference and noise? Do I
    need a spectrum analyzer?
    pfisterfarm, Mar 29, 2010