    Chris

    Avast! v.4.7 Pro edition is working super on XP Pro x64 using Athlon x64 &
    Asus A8V MB

    Graystar, Oct 7, 2006

  2. Graystar

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Works fine.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Oct 7, 2006

  3. Graystar wrote:
    > Are there any issues I need to be concerned with regarding instlalling or
    > running Office Pro 2003 on my XP Pro x64 system?
    >
    > I'd like to know if there are any major issues before I install this Office
    > upgrade.
    > Particularly with Word, Excel, or Access.

    I've had absolutely no problems with any of the Office 2003
    applications on WinXPx64, which I've been using since its release.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Bruce Chambers, Oct 7, 2006
  4. Graystar

    Graystar Guest

    "Bruce Chambers" <3t> wrote in message
    > Graystar wrote:
    >> Are there any issues I need to be concerned with regarding instlalling or
    >> running Office Pro 2003 on my XP Pro x64 system?
    >>
    >> I'd like to know if there are any major issues before I install this
    >> Office upgrade.
    >> Particularly with Word, Excel, or Access.
    >>

    > I've had absolutely no problems with any of the Office 2003 applications
    > on WinXPx64, which I've been using since its release.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrand
    > Russell

    I really do not appreciate this kind of response above.
    It IS a relevant post. You don't like it? Tough.

    This is x64bit general group, BRUCE.
    Yours was a Snide and Unhelpful reply.
    That makes you a Troll.

    Yours is filed under "Stupid-Replies.html"

    Graystar
    --
    If A Pretty Poster And A Cute Saying Are All It Takes To Motivate You, You
    Probably Have A Very Easy Job. The Kind Robots Will Be Doing Soon.

    Graystar, Oct 8, 2006
  5. Graystar

    Graystar Guest

    Thanks Aaron.
    That was easy.

    Chris <Graystar>

    Graystar, Oct 8, 2006
  6. Graystar

    Jane C Guest

    Perhaps you are mistaking Bruce's signature with his actual reply which was
    "I've had absolutely no problems with any of the Office 2003 applications on
    WinXPx64, which I've been using since its release."

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)

    Jane C, Oct 8, 2006
  7. Graystar wrote:
    > "Bruce Chambers" <3t> wrote in message
    >>>

    >> I've had absolutely no problems with any of the Office 2003 applications
    >> on WinXPx64, which I've been using since its release.
    >>

    > I really do not appreciate this kind of response above.
    > It IS a relevant post. You don't like it? Tough.
    >
    > This is x64bit general group, BRUCE.
    > Yours was a Snide and Unhelpful reply.
    > That makes you a Troll.
    >
    > Yours is filed under "Stupid-Replies.html"
    >
    > Graystar

    So, giving you a simple, direct answer to the question you asked is
    "Snide and unhelpful?" I'll keep that in mind and decline to answer any
    more of your questions, which you arpparently don't really want answered.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Bruce Chambers, Oct 8, 2006
  8. Looks like you mistook his signature for his response. His actual answer was
    correct and helpful.

    However, I will caution you. There are a couple of minor things that don't
    work. The Document Imaging and Document Scanning functions don't work. If
    you need the imaging printer driver, it doesn't work, and most scanners are
    a problem. But the applications themselves work just fine.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 8, 2006
  9. Graystar

    Graystar Guest

    The post I got did not have his reply. It got his links as reply.
    That is what I responded to.

    Graystar, Oct 8, 2006
  10. Graystar

    > Graystar wrote:
    >> "Bruce Chambers" <3t> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> I've had absolutely no problems with any of the Office 2003 applications
    >>> on WinXPx64, which I've been using since its release.
    >>>

    >> I really do not appreciate this kind of response above.
    >> It IS a relevant post. You don't like it? Tough.
    >>
    >> This is x64bit general group, BRUCE.
    >> Yours was a Snide and Unhelpful reply.
    >> That makes you a Troll.
    >>
    >> Yours is filed under "Stupid-Replies.html"
    >>
    >> Graystar

    > So, giving you a simple, direct answer to the question you asked is "Snide
    > and unhelpful?" I'll keep that in mind and decline to answer any more of
    > your questions, which you arpparently don't really want answered.
    > --
    > Bruce Chambers

    Works for me, Bud

    Graystar, Oct 8, 2006
  11. Graystar

    Graystar Guest

    His reply wasn't marked or present as a reply, only the links, on the post I
    read.
    I don't have time to pick out a helpful sentence in the middle of is
    highlighted and looks specifically like a direct insult.

    Had I have seen the reply in all the garbage he posted I would have replied
    differently.
    As it is, the die is cast and won't likely alter his method from
    provocation.
    That is unfortunate.

    That nonsense aside:

    Thank you for highlighting some x64 sticking points.
    Fortunately, where hardware requires a 16 or 32 bit driver, I have other
    resources that can also port data.
    I know there are some printer driver issues with other hardware as well.

    My major concern is that as long as Office works within itself, all should
    be good.

    I had heard rumors of problems with the Access engine and that was what I
    was concerned about.
    Thanks again,
    Graystar

    Graystar, Oct 8, 2006
  12. Graystar

    Adrian Lane Guest

    Hi,

    No it should alright I am using it exactly as you are without problems.

    Adrian Lane, Oct 8, 2006
  13. "Graystar" <> wrote in

    > Are there any issues I need to be concerned with regarding
    > instlalling or running Office Pro 2003 on my XP Pro x64 system?
    >
    > I'd like to know if there are any major issues before I install
    > this Office upgrade.
    > Particularly with Word, Excel, or Access.
    >
    > (I finally decided to fork over for the latest greatest Baroque
    > Office interface & would like to know if there any major
    > problems.)

    OK, other's have told you it will work but before forking over, maybe
    stop and think for a bit....... earlier versions of Office work on x64,
    Open Office works AFAIK and the new version of Office is only months
    away. Waiting might save you some money.

    Personal opinion: I don't like Office 2003 compared to earlier
    versions, I do very much like what I've seen so far in the Office 2007
    Beta. As always, YMMV.

    David R. Norton MVP, Oct 8, 2006
  14. Graystar

    Graystar Guest

    "David R. Norton MVP" wrote in message
    > "Graystar" wrote in
    >

    >> Are there any issues I need to be concerned with regarding
    >> instlalling or running Office Pro 2003 on my XP Pro x64 system?
    >>
    >> I'd like to know if there are any major issues before I install
    >> this Office upgrade.
    >> Particularly with Word, Excel, or Access.
    >>
    >> (I finally decided to fork over for the latest greatest Baroque
    >> Office interface & would like to know if there any major
    >> problems.)

    > OK, other's have told you it will work but before forking over, maybe
    > stop and think for a bit....... earlier versions of Office work on x64,
    > Open Office works AFAIK and the new version of Office is only months
    > away. Waiting might save you some money.
    >
    > Personal opinion: I don't like Office 2003 compared to earlier
    > versions, I do very much like what I've seen so far in the Office 2007
    > Beta. As always, YMMV.

    Personally I would wait as well. As luck has it <good or bad> it's required
    for work now.
    Thanks for sharing your views.

    Graystar, Oct 9, 2006
  15. Graystar

    Graystar Guest

    Thanks Adrian.

    Graystar

    Graystar, Oct 9, 2006
  16. "Graystar" <> wrote in

    >> Personal opinion: I don't like Office 2003 compared to earlier
    >> versions, I do very much like what I've seen so far in the Office
    >> 2007 Beta. As always, YMMV.

    > Personally I would wait as well. As luck has it <good or bad> it's
    > required for work now.
    > Thanks for sharing your views.

    I'm more fortunate, at work they're using Office XP which I prefer. I
    removed Office 2003 from my computer at home and installed Office XP
    for compatibility.

    Possibly your employer will provide you with a copy of Office XP if
    you're required to have it at home? Fortunately, my MSDN subscription
    gave me my copy so I didn't have to spend any money, otherwise I'd be
    running OpenOffice.org because, first and foremost, I'M CHEAP!!!

    David R. Norton MVP, Oct 9, 2006
  17. Graystar

    Graystar Guest

    "David R. Norton MVP" wrote in message
    > "Graystar" wrote in
    >
    >>> Personal opinion: I don't like Office 2003 compared to earlier
    >>> versions, I do very much like what I've seen so far in the Office
    >>> 2007 Beta. As always, YMMV.

    >> Personally I would wait as well. As luck has it <good or bad> it's
    >> required for work now.
    >> Thanks for sharing your views.

    > I'm more fortunate, at work they're using Office XP which I prefer. I
    > removed Office 2003 from my computer at home and installed Office XP
    > for compatibility.
    >
    > Possibly your employer will provide you with a copy of Office XP if
    > you're required to have it at home? Fortunately, my MSDN subscription
    > gave me my copy so I didn't have to spend any money, otherwise I'd be
    > running OpenOffice.org because, first and foremost, I'M CHEAP!!!

    Yeah. I 'spose I could always run Applixware on Red Hat. It's just not on
    my 'hot' list of 'things to do'.
    Too many other projects in the fire.
    Thanks David.

    TTFN,
    Christopher
    [Graystar]

    Graystar, Oct 10, 2006
  18. how about office 2007 with vista RC2

    actually besides looking like Apple it is really working pretty well. dual
    opterons 4 gigs memory even able to convert word to PDF vista 64bit
    ultimate.

    Matt Schneyer, Oct 12, 2006