    work in vlan 1

    it work in trunk mode
    pleas help me
    hadi, Mar 3, 2007

  2. hadi

    Martin Guest

    hadi skrev:
    > hi pleas help me
    > my switch 2950 dose not work good
    >
    > in show vlan i see on defult vlan (vlan 1) int gig 0/1 in this vlan
    > ports
    > therefor i think it send broadcast too all port and terafik is very
    > bad
    > i want too do " no switchport mode access" until int gig 0/1 dose not
    > work in vlan 1
    >
    > it work in trunk mode
    > pleas help me

    dont use the default vlan1. Always change it to something else...

    Best Regards
    Martin
    Martin, Mar 4, 2007

  3. hadi

    Guercio Guest

    Martin wrote:
    > hadi skrev:
    >> hi pleas help me
    >> my switch 2950 dose not work good
    >>
    >> in show vlan i see on defult vlan (vlan 1) int gig 0/1 in this vlan
    >> ports
    >> therefor i think it send broadcast too all port and terafik is very
    >> bad
    >> i want too do " no switchport mode access" until int gig 0/1 dose not
    >> work in vlan 1
    >>
    >> it work in trunk mode
    >> pleas help me
    >>

    > dont use the default vlan1. Always change it to something else...

    why? security policy?
    Guercio, Mar 5, 2007
  4. hadi

    Trendkill Guest

    On Mar 5, 8:24 am, Guercio
    <> wrote:
    > Martin wrote:
    > > hadi skrev:
    > >> hi pleas help me
    > >> my switch 2950 dose not work good

    > >> in show vlan i see on defult vlan (vlan 1) int gig 0/1 in this vlan
    > >> ports
    > >> therefor i think it send broadcast too all port and terafik is very
    > >> bad
    > >> i want too do " no switchport mode access" until int gig 0/1 dose not
    > >> work in vlan 1

    > >> it work in trunk mode
    > >> pleas help me

    > > dont use the default vlan1. Always change it to something else...

    > why? security policy?

    There is no reason you can't use VLAN 1, but Cisco suggests avoiding
    it. I do not think this is your problem, but I can't understand what
    you are asking or what your problem is, so I can't know for sure.
    Here is a link to the vlan 1 stuff from cisco.com:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...cts_white_paper09186a008013159f.shtml#wp39009
    Trendkill, Mar 5, 2007
  5. hadi

    Guest

    On Mar 3, 12:36 am, "hadi" <> wrote:
    > hi pleas help me
    > my switch 2950 dose not work good
    >
    > in show vlan i see on defult vlan (vlan 1) int gig 0/1 in this vlan
    > ports
    > therefor i think it send broadcast too all port and terafik is very
    > bad
    > i want too do " no switchport mode access" until int gig 0/1 dose not
    > work in vlan 1
    >
    > it work in trunk mode
    > pleas help me

    If you are not running Vlan's leaving it default is ok.
    If you want to vlan your traffic it is best to use a completely
    different vlan.
    All interfaces on the switch are configured as vlan1 by default.
    Maky your life alot simpler and set up a new vlan as the other user
    suggested and apply that vlan to the interfaces you want segmented.
    , Mar 5, 2007