    because I tried to use smc wireless card to my old computer, but the
    computer didn't response anything in a blank screen and bios didn't start
    too. SMC technical support said my PCI slot is old version. Is that true?
    AJEE, May 19, 2004

  2. AJEE

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "AJEE" <> wrote in news:MQBqc.33356$Zxc.29747
    @news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com:

    > Is PCI slot have different version?
    > because I tried to use smc wireless card to my old computer, but the
    > computer didn't response anything in a blank screen and bios didn't start
    > too. SMC technical support said my PCI slot is old version. Is that true?

    Yes.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, May 19, 2004

  3. AJEE

    AJEE Guest

    Thank you Demon Lag
    My computer is P3-450, Pcchips M741L motherboard. Is that slot still in old
    version?

    what is pci slot version i got?

    AJEE, May 19, 2004
  4. AJEE

    Thor Guest

    yes there have been revisions to the PCI standard over the years.

    Thor, May 19, 2004
  5. AJEE

    Thor Guest

    Consult your motherboard manual for the exact specs. But judging by the age
    of the average P3-450Mhz system, I would think your PCI slots would most
    likely be PCI 2.1 compliant. The most recent version is 3.0, although I
    think most of the newer boards out right now are still of the 2.2 or 2.3
    revisions.

    Thor, May 19, 2004