    they arise. Is this outfit a parallel importer?

    Cheers,

    Worm

    Worm, Jul 26, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > Hey all,
    >
    > Pricespy gives the cheapest price on the above camera as being from "E-top
    > Online", in Auckland. However, I'm worried about warranty issues, should
    > they arise. Is this outfit a parallel importer?

    Why do you want to buy a Coolpix 2100?

    Consider the superior equivalent Canon A70/75.

    Patrick Dunford, Jul 26, 2004

  3. Worm

    Chris Guest

    Patrick Dunford <> wrote in

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> Hey all,
    >>
    >> Pricespy gives the cheapest price on the above camera as being from
    >> "E-top Online", in Auckland. However, I'm worried about warranty
    >> issues, should they arise. Is this outfit a parallel importer?

    > Why do you want to buy a Coolpix 2100?
    >
    > Consider the superior equivalent Canon A70/75.

    Might have something to do with the fact the A70 is some $180 dearer
    according to price spy, but then why would anyone want to buy the 2100 when
    you can get the 2200 for $20 less

    Chris, Jul 26, 2004
  4. Worm

    Worm Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message news:41047e54$...
    > Might have something to do with the fact the A70 is some $180 dearer
    > according to price spy, but then why would anyone want to buy the 2100

    when
    > you can get the 2200 for $20 less

    I guess my question was more trying to get at whether the firm was a
    parallel importer :p

    But where can I get the step up for $20 less?

    Worm

    Worm, Jul 26, 2004
  5. In article <41047e54$>, says...
    > Patrick Dunford <> wrote in
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >> Hey all,
    > >>
    > >> Pricespy gives the cheapest price on the above camera as being from
    > >> "E-top Online", in Auckland. However, I'm worried about warranty
    > >> issues, should they arise. Is this outfit a parallel importer?

    > > Why do you want to buy a Coolpix 2100?
    > >
    > > Consider the superior equivalent Canon A70/75.
    > >

    > Might have something to do with the fact the A70 is some $180 dearer
    > according to price spy, but then why would anyone want to buy the 2100 when
    > you can get the 2200 for $20 less

    Oops. The A75 is the equivalent of the Coolpix 3100/3200.
    The 2200 looks like good value at around $300.

    Patrick Dunford, Jul 26, 2004
  6. In article <41047e54$>, says...
    > Patrick Dunford <> wrote in
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >> Hey all,
    > >>
    > >> Pricespy gives the cheapest price on the above camera as being from
    > >> "E-top Online", in Auckland. However, I'm worried about warranty
    > >> issues, should they arise. Is this outfit a parallel importer?

    > > Why do you want to buy a Coolpix 2100?
    > >
    > > Consider the superior equivalent Canon A70/75.
    > >

    > Might have something to do with the fact the A70 is some $180 dearer
    > according to price spy, but then why would anyone want to buy the 2100 when
    > you can get the 2200 for $20 less

    The A60 would be the equivalent canon model - phased out

    Patrick Dunford, Jul 26, 2004
  7. Worm

    Chris Guest

    "Worm" <> wrote in

    > "Chris" <> wrote in message
    >> Might have something to do with the fact the A70 is some $180 dearer
    >> according to price spy, but then why would anyone want to buy the
    >> 2100

    > when
    >> you can get the 2200 for $20 less

    > I guess my question was more trying to get at whether the firm was a
    > parallel importer :p

    O yeah, sorry, got side tracked, hehehe

    > But where can I get the step up for $20 less?
    >

    > Worm

    From, according to pricespy, http://www.etown.co.nz/ I guess your next
    question is going to be Are these ppl parallel importers ? :p

    I guess the old version being more expensive than the new version might
    be related to some resellers being parallel importers, but thats just a
    guess.

    Is dealing with a parallel importer that bad ? If it's a reliable brand,
    and that model get's good reviews and you can't find any complaints on
    google it most likely will not break down. If the worst comes to the
    worst your going to have some delays in getting it fixed anyway.
    Personally I'd be more concerned about the company it's self rather than
    the fact that they might be a parallel impporter, after all the
    wharehouse is a parallel importer. I guess you could always ask e-Top
    what the deal is, if I asked and they gave me a *shifty* answer to tried
    to avoid the question I might not want to deal with them on that basis
    alone.

    Chris, Jul 26, 2004
  8. Worm

    Chris Guest

    Patrick Dunford <> wrote in

    > In article <41047e54$>, says...
    >> Patrick Dunford <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > In article <>,
    >> > says...

    >> > Why do you want to buy a Coolpix 2100?
    >> >
    >> > Consider the superior equivalent Canon A70/75.
    >> >

    >> Might have something to do with the fact the A70 is some $180 dearer
    >> according to price spy, but then why would anyone want to buy the
    >> 2100 when you can get the 2200 for $20 less

    > The A60 would be the equivalent canon model - phased out

    So the A70 can't be the equivalent then, if the A60 is the equivalent,
    and since the A70 is superior then it can't be equivalent at the same
    time..

    Chris, Jul 26, 2004