    Thanks,
    Bud
    Niceville, Florida
    Bud, Aug 26, 2006

  2. Bud

    Jim Guest

    "Bud" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Wondering if anyone here has experience with sending their Nikon 5700
    > camera back to the factory for repairs as referenced here:
    > http://www.nikonusa.com/email_images/nikonusa/service_advisory/faqs_coolpix.html.
    > I'd like to know about how long it took you to receive the camera back
    > from
    > them please. No big deal, I'm about to leave on a trip & would just like
    > to know if it's worth it to consider delaying it for a day or so.
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Bud
    > Niceville, Florida

    If you get it back in less than a month, you are lucky.
    First of all, they evaluate what is wrong with the camera, and this step
    will take up to 2 weeks.
    Second, they tell you what is wrong, how much it will cost, and ask for your
    approval. If the camera is still under warranty, the cost will be 0, but
    they still will not proceed without your approval.
    Third, they perform the repairs and return it to you. This step can take up
    to two weeks. There is a minimum charge for all non warranty work which
    covers the evaluation step.

    So, it the trip is only a couple of days away, I would not expect to be able
    to use the camera on this trip.

    I based this letter on my experiences with getting my D70 repaired. The
    first instance was a warranty charge, and the second was a non warranty
    repair. The minimum charge for repairing a D70 is $200.
    Jim
    Jim, Aug 26, 2006

  3. Bud

    Bud Guest

    On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 15:40:24 GMT, "Jim" <> wrote:

    >"Bud" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Wondering if anyone here has experience with sending their Nikon 5700
    >> camera back to the factory for repairs as referenced here:
    >> http://www.nikonusa.com/email_images/nikonusa/service_advisory/faqs_coolpix.html.
    >> I'd like to know about how long it took you to receive the camera back
    >> from
    >> them please. No big deal, I'm about to leave on a trip & would just like
    >> to know if it's worth it to consider delaying it for a day or so.
    >>

    >> Thanks,
    >> Bud
    >> Niceville, Florida

    >If you get it back in less than a month, you are lucky.
    >First of all, they evaluate what is wrong with the camera, and this step
    >will take up to 2 weeks.
    >Second, they tell you what is wrong, how much it will cost, and ask for your
    >approval. If the camera is still under warranty, the cost will be 0, but
    >they still will not proceed without your approval.
    >Third, they perform the repairs and return it to you. This step can take up
    >to two weeks. There is a minimum charge for all non warranty work which
    >covers the evaluation step.
    >
    >So, it the trip is only a couple of days away, I would not expect to be able
    >to use the camera on this trip.
    >
    >I based this letter on my experiences with getting my D70 repaired. The
    >first instance was a warranty charge, and the second was a non warranty
    >repair. The minimum charge for repairing a D70 is $200.
    >Jim

    Then I'll get a cheap camera & take it instead - thanks for the reply.

    Bud
    Bud, Aug 27, 2006